FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #27315] Sun, 04 September 2005 10:17 Go to next message
daddeekool   Canada
I sorta asked this once before, but need more explicit details, so here goes:

I would like to offer my Forum subscribers a hot link to click upon, which would immediately take them to my website for further surfing. I am presently doing this the old clumsy way - creating a subforum and then a locked message with the link within the message text.

Is there some way in which I can create this active click-link on the main Forum page AS THE TITLE OF A FORUM? I'd like to streamline this if at all possible. Any suggestions as to alternate tricks to accomplish this, are more than welcome and thanks to all in advance.

al
Re: ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #27324 is a reply to message #27315] Sun, 04 September 2005 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can use announcement control panel to add those.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #27329 is a reply to message #27315] Sun, 04 September 2005 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daddeekool   Canada
May I ask you to outline the steps in using the Announcement Manager to create a forum header with an active HTML link? Thanks in advance.

al
Re: ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #27336 is a reply to message #27329] Mon, 05 September 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Read the documentation (check the documentation link) the text of the announcement is HTML, so just put <a> tag in it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #27349 is a reply to message #27336] Mon, 05 September 2005 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daddeekool   Canada
Illia,

FOrgive me - I am just not familiar enough with the code to accomplish this. I tried, but no doubt did not do something properly - could not achieve my desired result.

Could I ask your indulgence in laying out the step-by-step procedure, once I am in the Template Editor, to create the ability to insert an announcement bar at the top of each sub-forum - WITH an active HTML link that does not "spell out" the URL. In other words, I want to end up with "CLICK HERE" that will take the user to a given website.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance
al
Re: ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #27364 is a reply to message #27349] Tue, 06 September 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, you go to admin control panel and click on the "Announcement Manager" link. Then you can referrer to http://fudforum.org/doc/d/html/admin.announce.manager.html for infromation. As I've indicated earlier the content (message) of the announcement can contain HTML.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #27372 is a reply to message #27364] Tue, 06 September 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daddeekool   Canada
Ilia wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 20:34

Well, you go to admin control panel and click on the "Announcement Manager" link. Then you can referrer to http://fudforum.org/doc/d/html/admin.announce.manager.html for infromation. As I've indicated earlier the content (message) of the announcement can contain HTML.

Ilia,

Been there, done that - and after creating the link exactly as the FUDcode indicates, the link is not active - it appears as plain text with and the url is still visible along with the renamed text of the link. It works nicely here:

CLICK HERE

It did not become an active link, and the entire line was visible, rather than only the "CLICK HERE" Obviously, it works here as you can see, but it apparently does not work in my Announcement Manager.

Further advice?

thanks
al
Re: ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #27377 is a reply to message #27372] Tue, 06 September 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You cannot use FUDcode inside the announcement text, you MUST use HTML as I've repeatedly indicated.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #27385 is a reply to message #27377] Tue, 06 September 2005 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daddeekool   Canada
Ilia wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 09:58

You cannot use FUDcode inside the announcement text, you MUST use HTML as I've repeatedly indicated.

Sorry Ilia, that wasn't clear to me at first. It's working now that I used basic HTML - thanks for your patience.

al
icon6.gif  Re: ACTIVE HTML LINK AS FORUM TITLE [message #161838 is a reply to message #27385] Fri, 12 February 2010 15:42 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
With the "External redirect" function now available for FUDforum 3.0.0 I had all but forgotten about this easy to use function to make links easily available to any and all users.

Simply use the code below (using your own url and description or text size, you can also add color) in the text area of your Announcement manager for the forums you want it displayed in and it's a done deal, it comes in handy for making quick links available that may or may not be needed for long such as seasonal links or a particularly hot topic you wish to refer viewers to for a short time, and saves you from having to add an external redirect forum to different categories, in short it gives you the Admin much more flexibility.

<A HREF="http://www.971talk.com/"><FONT SIZE="-4">97.1 Talk Radio</FONT></A>

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Newsgroup posts in forum ?
Next Topic: Changing contents of subject line in e-mails from FUDforum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 18:43:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02709 seconds