FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » "manually modified SQL" checkbox in upgrade script
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"manually modified SQL" checkbox in upgrade script [message #27914] Fri, 30 September 2005 17:13 Go to next message
cstdenis is currently offline  cstdenis   Canada
That is the point of the "Have you manually modified FUDforum's SQL structure? (leave unchecked if unsure)." checkbox in the upgrade script?

I would suspect it would not modify the sql so as to not break stuff but that is not what it does.

Suggestion: If this is checked, it should simply print any alter table queries to the screen rather than run them in order to allow the administrator to run them manually with any necessary alterations.

If there is another purpose of this checkbox another with this functions would be a nice addition.

I have my user's table as a view of 2 other tables to integrate my forums fully with the rest of my site, and this (not surprisingly) breaks the upgrade script. Doing this would allow upgrade script to still nicely run and let me do the sql as needed manually.
Re: "manually modified SQL" checkbox in upgrade script [message #27919 is a reply to message #27914] Fri, 30 September 2005 18:46 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The point of this check is to determine if the forum needs to DROP any extra fields or indexes. If you customized the structure then you'll probably want to avoid that from happening. All the alters are going to occur in either case.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: locking/unlocking files crashed the server...
Next Topic: Inconsistency: user signatures disabled -> users still can set one in their preferences
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 08:12:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02380 seconds