FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Problem restoring the forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problem restoring the forum [message #27935] Fri, 30 September 2005 21:44 Go to next message
oeickenb is currently offline  oeickenb   Germany
Hi there,

i am moving from one server to another. Though safe mode is enabled, setting up the new forum was no problem and it works fine so far, but certainly, i want to migrate the old servers data. So i switched it off and did a dump, that finally grew to about 44 megs.

After uploading that file to the new server i wanted to import it, but after waiting for about some minutes (maybe less than one) it stopped working leaving the admin page without content in the right area.

Afterwards, whether my data had been restored, nor my account still works - so i fear i have to do the work all over again.

But before i do that - has anybody an idea what could have happend and how could i avoid this happen again? I really have no interest in doing it a third time ...

Thanks for suggestions.
Re: Problem restoring the forum [message #27950 is a reply to message #27935] Mon, 03 October 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What forum version are you migrating?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem restoring the forum [message #27999 is a reply to message #27950] Wed, 05 October 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oeickenb is currently offline  oeickenb   Germany
The original Forum has been set up as 2.6.12 and was continously updated to 2.7.2. The new forum was a freshly installed 2.7.2.
Re: Problem restoring the forum [message #28033 is a reply to message #27999] Fri, 07 October 2005 16:11 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can run the script via a command line by editing admimport.php script in the adm/ directory by uncommenting the define('recovery_mode', 1); line and adding
$_POST['path'] = '/path/to/datadump';

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: returnto & auto-login
Next Topic: Item pub date missing in RDF feed
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:00:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05545 seconds