FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Will FUDforum do what I want?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Will FUDforum do what I want? [message #27953] Mon, 03 October 2005 14:49 Go to next message
MedMan is currently offline  MedMan   United Kingdom
I am looking for suitable software to use on a Sailing Club website to provide Bulletin Boards (Forums), Discussion Lists and Newsletter Lists. The ‘perfect’ product (almost) exists in the form of Yahoo Groups but I want our own boards integrated with our own website. The features I require are:

• The ability to utilise our on-line database, which includes a User Name, Password and email address for every member, as the basis for membership of the Boards/Lists rather than a separate inbuilt database.

• The ability to configure Mailing Lists so that clicking on ‘Reply’ addresses the reply back to the list and to the author of the message.

• A web page for Mailing Lists where members can read current messages and archives.

• The ability for members to configure the Board to send entire messages to them by email, not just a notification that a message has been posted or a partial clip of that message.

• The ability for members to send new messages and reply to messages by email.

• The ability to customise which messages members can opt to receive to include the following options:
• No Messages I will read all messages on the web.
• Level 1 Delivery ‘Special Messages’ only i.e. messages from the List Manager(s)
• Level 2 Delivery ‘Special Messages’ plus new questions from other members.
• Level 3 Delivery All messages.

I should be most grateful if someone could tell me which of these features FUDforum provides as it stands and which it might be possible to provide by suitable mods.

David Teall
Re: Will FUDforum do what I want? [message #27954 is a reply to message #27953] Mon, 03 October 2005 14:54 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can syncronize your current user database with FUDforum via FUD's API provided via fudapi.inc.php script inside the scripts/ directory. There is also an external authentication script found in the same location.

Mailing syncronization can sync forum messages back to the ML on behalf of the author, it does not CC it to the author though.

The third is pretty much the forum itself.

Forum can send "full-body" notifications which is pretty much what you want.

Mailing list syncronization.

The last four would require customizations to the code.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Newsgroup Manager - How to sychronize only postings from known users?
Next Topic: logged in users
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 01:19:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03186 seconds