FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » bug or ??? MS Front Page??
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  bug or ??? MS Front Page?? [message #2805] Wed, 29 May 2002 00:57 Go to next message
scoutzilla is currently offline  scoutzilla   United States

I'm not sure what happened with my forum, for some reasons I get Warning messages when I try and post. I ran the "Forum Consistency" script and got these warnings at the end..
Thanks for any and all help with this great program.

My web hosting service did re-install MS Front Page Extenions, maybe some of the read write permissions have been changed??

Warning: fopen("/usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/settings/file_filter _regexp","wb") - Permission denied in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/ext.inc on line 121

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/ext.inc on line 122

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/ext.inc on line 123

Got Torque?

[Updated on: Wed, 29 May 2002 02:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: bug or ??? MS Front Page?? [message #2806 is a reply to message #2805] Wed, 29 May 2002 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Hmm it would appear that the action taken by your host had taken away the web server's write permissions to that file.
chmod the file 666 and the warning will go away.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: bug or ??? MS Front Page?? [message #2807 is a reply to message #2806] Wed, 29 May 2002 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I see my file_filter_regexp is set to 644. Is that the one that should be 666???

Thanks

Got Torque?

[Updated on: Wed, 29 May 2002 02:31]

Re: bug or ??? MS Front Page?? [message #2808 is a reply to message #2807] Wed, 29 May 2002 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
it should be 666 unless it is owned by the webserver, in which case 644 is fine. Since you are getting the error i'd say that the webserver is definately not the owner of that file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: bug or ??? MS Front Page?? [message #2809 is a reply to message #2808] Wed, 29 May 2002 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I set the permissions of "file_filter_regexp" to 666.

getting this when I try and post

Warning: fopen("/usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/messages/th_51" ,"ab") - Permission denied in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/post.inc on line 226

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/post.inc on line 227

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/post.inc on line 229

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/post.inc on line 233

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/post.inc on line 234

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/post.inc on line 236

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/post.inc on line 237

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/post.inc on line 238

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/post.inc:226) in /usr/home2/scoutswest.com/html/fforum/data/include/widgets.inc on line 159

thanks again, I'm sure this problem was caused by my hosting service, fud was working fine until....

zilla

Got Torque?

[Updated on: Wed, 29 May 2002 03:19]

icon14.gif  Re: bug or ??? MS Front Page?? [message #2812 is a reply to message #2809] Wed, 29 May 2002 13:48 Go to previous message

All is well now. It seems when my hosting service "reinstalled" the MS Front Page "extensions" a few of my directories and the files in them had the permissions changed. Quick, easy fix thanks to the Fud Team for all the help.

z

Got Torque?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: No Login at home-page
Next Topic: Smiley Management (RC3)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 01:00:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01991 seconds