FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Embed Flash object
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Embed Flash object [message #28219] Fri, 14 October 2005 02:44 Go to next message
Hurry   India
Hello! How to embed a flash object in the post which FUDcode on? Will the [/flash] code work? How to give the height or width of the flash file? I hope this embedded flash object appears in the rf feed.

Also how do I add a target=_blank to a link with the FUDcode? Will Javascript <script> </script? work in the body of the post?

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2005 02:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Embed Flash object [message #28222 is a reply to message #28219] Fri, 14 October 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
JavaScript nor flash are supported by FUDcode.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Embed Flash object [message #28225 is a reply to message #28219] Fri, 14 October 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hurry   India
Can I embed flash and javascript in the FUDforum if I change to html code. And will it show in the rdf feeds?
Re: Embed Flash object [message #28238 is a reply to message #28225] Fri, 14 October 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes and Yes.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Embed Flash object [message #28240 is a reply to message #28219] Fri, 14 October 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hurry   India
Thanks. Is there a way only the admin or mods can have the html code on while posting while others have the fudcode on as the fudcode is muuch simpler for general members. I as the admin may want to embed a flash video sometimes. Do you I have to change the full forum settings to html code for doing that?
Re: Embed Flash object [message #28242 is a reply to message #28240] Fri, 14 October 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The message formatting options are set on a per-forum basis for ALL users, there is no distinction between admins, moderators and regular users as far as this setting is concerned.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Embed Flash object [message #28243 is a reply to message #28219] Fri, 14 October 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hurry   India
Thanks. Can you please think of having an option for the admin and mods at least or for that matter all regular users, to choose between fudcode and html code in some drop down menu next to the message posting box while posting? The default can be fudcode but if the adminor someone else wants to embed flash then they can choose html code from the drop down menu and the posting page can refresh if required so that html code can be used by those who choose to.

Also if I keep the html option in the mailman mailing list and also the fud mlm mamnager, will those posts posted to the forum from the mailman mailing list with embedded flash show up with the flash on the forum. email clients do strip off the embedded flash but just curious whether it will work when it is posted on the forum. Maybe have to try it to really find out.

At least will the embedded pics in a html email piped to the forum appear on the forum even if the fudcode is on?
Re: Embed Flash object [message #28274 is a reply to message #28243] Sat, 15 October 2005 17:01 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you create html message it'll still show up when you disable posting of HTML. I have no plans to allow moderators and admins to use alternate styling schemas for message bodies.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: path_info not working - plx help
Next Topic: agregate authentication
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:34:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02337 seconds