FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Duplicate category displays  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Duplicate category displays [message #27611] Thu, 15 September 2005 11:15 Go to next message
Markus Allen is currently offline  Markus Allen   United States
Before I open my new, awesome FUDForum to the public, I want to make sure it's optimized for speed and search engine spidering...

... In one instance, I've created a subcategory called 'Glossary of Terms'. I then created subcategories for each letter of the alphabet. And for each glossary term, I plan to create an announcement instead of a post.

But when I log in as an administrator and go to create announcements, I see what seems to be a split...

... See how the 'Glossary of Terms' is duplicated... the first showing letters 'A' and 'B' and then letters 'C' through 'Z' are displayed under a duplicate 'Glossary of Terms'?

index.php?t=getfile&id=2201&private=0

Yes, I did apply a consistency check, rebuilt mySQL, and even rebuilt search -- but I still get this dupe.

At the same time, when I view the forum, it's 100% perfect:

index.php?t=getfile&id=2202&private=0

Any ideas?
Re: Duplicate category displays [message #27660 is a reply to message #27611] Mon, 19 September 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Duplicate category displays [message #28394 is a reply to message #27611] Fri, 21 October 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Allen is currently offline  Markus Allen   United States
I think I found another "announcement" bug...

... If I specify the announement ending date for lets say 100 years from now, it displays something like 1967.

I thought the Y2K issue was overblown Razz
Re: Duplicate category displays [message #28395 is a reply to message #28394] Fri, 21 October 2005 14:29 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This cannot be solved, but let me explain why.
FUDforum stores dates as UNIX timestamps, which only go back as far as 1969 and forward as far as 2032. Which means if you try to make a date 100 years in the future you'll get a problem that you are seeing.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Adding own header/footer
Next Topic: SQL Error after installation
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 23:52:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03328 seconds