FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Turning off e-mail notifications
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Turning off e-mail notifications [message #28430] Mon, 24 October 2005 01:26 Go to next message
BobB is currently offline  BobB   United States
Is there a way for an admin to turn off a user's e-mail notification or subscriptions? Someone has e-mail notification enabled and has put an auto-responder on his e-mail address.
Re: Turning off e-mail notifications [message #28432 is a reply to message #28430] Mon, 24 October 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can login to their account (access via admin user-manager) and disable e-mail notifications.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Turning off e-mail notifications [message #28434 is a reply to message #28432] Mon, 24 October 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 20:31

You can login to their account (access via admin user-manager) and disable e-mail notifications.

Really? I can change the user's profile, toggle confirmation, sig, PM, moderator status, add/change custom tags and profile link color or ban the user. Under Actions, I can send a PM or email, see posts, reset password, delete user or messages by this user. I do not see an option to log in as the user.
Re: Turning off e-mail notifications [message #28443 is a reply to message #28434] Tue, 25 October 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
How about the big "Change User's Profile" link?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Turning off e-mail notifications [message #28444 is a reply to message #28443] Tue, 25 October 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 21:56

How about the big "Change User's Profile" link?

OK, I think there was a misunderstanding here. You said "log in to their account", such as to turn off notification of individual topics, which was the original question. It looks like you're talking about changing the profile to turn off notification by default. That's not what I was asking. I should have been clearer. I meant that a user has notification turned on for certain topics.
Re: Turning off e-mail notifications [message #28449 is a reply to message #28444] Tue, 25 October 2005 13:14 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The answer to that question is that you can't via the forum. You can unsubscribe the user by executing an SQL query (DELETE) aimed at clearing the user's entries from the topic and forum subscription tables.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Changing a user's profile
Next Topic: Where do I modify the control panel icons found at the top of the page?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:42:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05446 seconds