FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Manual changes in database
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Manual changes in database [message #2877] Tue, 04 June 2002 08:45 Go to next message
Ala1 is currently offline  Ala1   Germany
When I manually change options in the database (for example posted_msg_count and level_id in table fud2_users) and run later the forum consistency all changes are lost. What is to do that I can permanently make such changes?
Re: Manual changes in database [message #2887 is a reply to message #2877] Tue, 04 June 2002 15:18 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Ala1 wrote on Tue, 04 June 2002 04:45

When I manually change options in the database (for example posted_msg_count and level_id in table fud2_users) and run later the forum consistency all changes are lost. What is to do that I can permanently make such changes?

To make such changes permanent the only REAL solution is to make a script generate dummy messages inside a hidden forum for the user. The nature of the consistency checker, is that consistency is enforced, having the posted_msg_count misrepresent the number of posts the user has made clearly is inconsistent.
Also, why not use the 'custom tag' feature to ante up the user's level by assigning the user a custom tag?

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum 2.0 RC4 Released
Next Topic: small bugs
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 07:28:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02452 seconds