FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Test Category problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Test Category problem [message #29345] Wed, 14 December 2005 04:02 Go to next message
mdbrown is currently offline  mdbrown   United States
When I installed FUDforum 2.7.3, since it already existed, I renamed "Test Category" to "Perspectives." But there appears to be something special about the Test Category, no matter what it's named. Turns out users have group permissions to do all operations:

Perspectives Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y No Leaders [Edit]
[Manage Leaders] [Manage Users]

This is unlike other categories. The permissions apparently cannot be edited in this category; attempts to edit it are met with a MySQL error. I'm not sure what to do here, especially since it contains a number of threads.
Re: Test Category problem [message #29354 is a reply to message #29345] Thu, 15 December 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You are using the wrong group permissions control panel, you need to use the one linked from the front page.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Test Category problem [message #29356 is a reply to message #29345] Thu, 15 December 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dadnad is currently offline  dadnad   Australia
I have a similar problem to this. I set up a test category with two forums in it, initially the anonymous and registered access permissions worked but now these permissions seem to be ignored? I am not able to post when logged in even though it appears the forum has inherited the group registered access.

If I add a user directly then all is good, but with lots of users this isn't the best case scenario... I've tried altering permissions at all levels for these forums to no avail...

help...

Cheers,
Adam.
Re: Test Category problem [message #29371 is a reply to message #29356] Fri, 16 December 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you use the group manager linked from the front page of your forum?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Test Category problem [message #29372 is a reply to message #29345] Fri, 16 December 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dadnad is currently offline  dadnad   Australia
Yes I have.
I have attempted to alter group permissions from all levels, meaning I've set and reset permissions to inherit from Registered users, altered the groups privileges directly using the groups manager...

Thanks.
Adam.
Re: Test Category problem [message #29373 is a reply to message #29372] Fri, 16 December 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
User-land group manager does not do inheritences. the admin group manager only controls the settings group leaders can set.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Test Category problem [message #29374 is a reply to message #29345] Fri, 16 December 2005 00:45 Go to previous message
dean is currently offline  dean   United States
I had the same exact problem. I tried a bunch of things. My final fix for it was to delete the Test Forum completely. Plus delete it from "Deleted Forums" in your Control Panel. If it's still there the Group Managers permissions table you mentioned doesn't disapear. Once completely deleted, the name completely disapears from the group name list also. I know this gives you no solutions to the post that have already been made on that forum. But it was an easy way to resolve it for me. Maybe you can create another "Perspectives" and move all topics there before you delete?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Accounts Pending Approval (1) mystery
Next Topic: Files getting truncated
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:43:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03367 seconds