FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » "Use cookies" feature on login page slightly unclear
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"Use cookies" feature on login page slightly unclear [message #2942] Wed, 05 June 2002 15:31 Go to next message
snafu is currently offline  snafu   United States
When I first registered here at the forums, I knew what "Use cookies" meant, only because I know what cookies are and have come to expect cookie-based auto-login features from up-to-par discussion forums.

My concern is that uninitiated users might not know what this feature does. A more verbose description might help.

How about something like one of these:

• Use cookies to log in automatically
  • Use cookies for auto-login
  • Use cookie auto-login what's this? [link popup window with complete description]

Hope this is useful,

Greg
Re: "Use cookies" feature on login page slightly unclear [message #2945 is a reply to message #2942] Wed, 05 June 2002 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
On the 'formal' login page the 'cookies' option is clearly explained. On the front page there is simply no room for extended information of the cookies option.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: "Use cookies" feature on login page slightly unclear [message #2951 is a reply to message #2945] Wed, 05 June 2002 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Wed, 05 June 2002 09:45

On the 'formal' login page the 'cookies' option is clearly explained. On the front page there is simply no room for extended information of the cookies option.

Confused I guess I didn't know there was both a formal and an informal login page. All I've ever seen was the page you go to when you click 'login' in the user control panel. There is a check box there with 'Use cookies' next to it. Could that text be expanded?

Sorry for the mixup.

GReg
Re: "Use cookies" feature on login page slightly unclear [message #2952 is a reply to message #2945] Wed, 05 June 2002 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silly me, just noticed the little login thingy at the bottom of the page. Is that new with 2.0? Guess I'm talking about the 'formal' login page then.
Re: "Use cookies" feature on login page slightly unclear [message #2954 is a reply to message #2952] Wed, 05 June 2002 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
snafu wrote on Wed, 05 June 2002 12:19

Silly me, just noticed the little login thingy at the bottom of the page. Is that new with 2.0? Guess I'm talking about the 'formal' login page then.

Yup, that is a new feature introduced in 2.0 Release.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: "Use cookies" feature on login page slightly unclear [message #2955 is a reply to message #2951] Wed, 05 June 2002 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Now that I've looked at the text, I can see the merit behind your suggestion. I will probably add something along the lines of your suggestions to the explanation of that option.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon10.gif  Re: "Use cookies" feature on login page slightly unclear [message #2960 is a reply to message #2955] Wed, 05 June 2002 17:38 Go to previous message
Very cool.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: flood error
Next Topic: No styles in Netscape 4
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 04:23:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02259 seconds