FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Is table fud26_index required? (V2.7.3)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Is table fud26_index required? (V2.7.3) [message #29758] Fri, 13 January 2006 23:29 Go to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
I am trying to run the admdump process in preparation to move my forum to a new server. The process is crashing into CPU limitations of our current hosting service. The table it is crashing on is fud26_index, which had 1219668 records in it and is taking up over 50 meg of space in my database.

Is this index table required, or is it something I could delete and would be recreated with a consistency check once the forum had been moved?

If I can't delete the table, are any suggestions on how I can make this table shrink, other than deleting data from the forum?

Thanks
A
Re: Is table fud26_index required? (V2.7.3) [message #29768 is a reply to message #29758] Sat, 14 January 2006 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is a search index table, you can certainly remove the data in it, but the search system will not return results for older messages. You can try doing a straight mysqldump of this table.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Is table fud26_index required? (V2.7.3) [message #29775 is a reply to message #29768] Sat, 14 January 2006 17:55 Go to previous message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
OK; thanks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: maillist.php does not inject messages
Next Topic: Fudforum AND CMS
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 08:07:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02500 seconds