FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » "Show" area link to display list of active threads
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"Show" area link to display list of active threads [message #29759] Sat, 14 January 2006 03:01 Go to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
A feature I have found useful on other bulletin boards is a prominent "Show Active" link, which brings up a list of the threads which have received new posts since the last time I visited the forum. In a large forum this allows me to quickly and easily zero in on subjects I am interested in that are currently being discussed by the forum members.

The search results would be similar to the Message Navigator's "date range" search, ordered by forum and then by time of last post. Difference would be that the search range should be automatically determined, and only one result per topic would be displayed.

Preferably these results would include the same information that appears on the list of threads in a forum directory.

PS. Thanks for all the work on FUDforum. Looking forward to upgrading to 2.7.4, once I get my forum moved to its new server.
Regards
Re: "Show" area link to display list of active threads [message #29770 is a reply to message #29759] Sat, 14 January 2006 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Unread Messages does precisely what you've described, it allows you to see messages posted in the topics that recieved new posts since last read.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: "Show" area link to display list of active threads [message #29774 is a reply to message #29770] Sat, 14 January 2006 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
"Unread messages" shows each entire message. If there have been a lot of messages and long posts on a large forum this can become difficult to wade through for someone who only has a little time to spend.

I would just like to see an abbreviated overview of the threads that have new messages.
Re: "Show" area link to display list of active threads [message #29777 is a reply to message #29774] Sat, 14 January 2006 18:02 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No plans to add this.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Sub Forum
Next Topic: Implement group authorization for access to visitor stats from home page
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 07:38:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03104 seconds