FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » "Show" area link to display list of active threads
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
"Show" area link to display list of active threads [message #29759] Sat, 14 January 2006 03:01 Go to previous message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
A feature I have found useful on other bulletin boards is a prominent "Show Active" link, which brings up a list of the threads which have received new posts since the last time I visited the forum. In a large forum this allows me to quickly and easily zero in on subjects I am interested in that are currently being discussed by the forum members.

The search results would be similar to the Message Navigator's "date range" search, ordered by forum and then by time of last post. Difference would be that the search range should be automatically determined, and only one result per topic would be displayed.

Preferably these results would include the same information that appears on the list of threads in a forum directory.

PS. Thanks for all the work on FUDforum. Looking forward to upgrading to 2.7.4, once I get my forum moved to its new server.
Regards
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sub Forum
Next Topic: Implement group authorization for access to visitor stats from home page
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 04:25:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04427 seconds