FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » new installation and import of old "core data"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
new installation and import of old "core data" [message #29873] Sun, 22 January 2006 12:10 Go to previous message
Lynky is currently offline  Lynky   Australia
Hi,

I have currently running version 2.6.6 and I'm not really happy with it. It is pretty unstable, has bugs and I think that the database consistancy is not given any more or something else in the data is messed up, so that the users get strange errors (e.g. for searching). That is a result of a few migrations and also 1 complete crash.

I'd like to update to a version that is really STABLE and shows the least know bugs (or none Smile ).

1) I'm thinking version 2.6.15 is my choice - or is there a version that is better/more stable?

2) Is there any way to import just the basic data like members, threads, attachments, polls ... and rebuild tables like e.g. the search table manually?

I'm myself a php developer, so even a solution that needs a bit "footwork" is fine for me. I would really appreciate any help that i can get.

Thanks in advance,

Philipp
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: IMAP Extension
Next Topic: How Do I Create An Intergrated Email List AND Forum?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 03:58:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05701 seconds