FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » what .tmpl files to edit?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
what .tmpl files to edit? [message #30037] Tue, 31 January 2006 01:42 Go to next message
h4x0r is currently offline  h4x0r   United States
If I'm wanting to change the asthetic appearance of the forum I know that I need to edit the tmpl files...I understand that I also need to change the CSS file as well, but I'm unsure of which tmpl files I need to change if editing them on my computer for uploading later. I downloaded all the files from my default theme directory to my comp but I'm having trouble finding what ones I need to change for the appearance...I have a feeling this is really simple and I'm making it more dificult than I need to
Re: what .tmpl files to edit? [message #30038 is a reply to message #30037] Tue, 31 January 2006 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Generally speaking if you look @ the URL of the page you are on you'll see something like t=name. If you add .tmpl to the name, you'll have the name of the template you need to edit for the page being viewed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: what .tmpl files to edit? [message #30039 is a reply to message #30038] Tue, 31 January 2006 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h4x0r is currently offline  h4x0r   United States
I see...in addition to the CSS file, is index.tmpl the file I need to edit for the layout of the page or would that be index.php? for instance, if I was wanting to add a logo to the top of the page and a table that contained other infomation relative to the main website, which of those two would I need to edit? or perhaps both?
Re: what .tmpl files to edit? [message #30040 is a reply to message #30039] Tue, 31 January 2006 03:50 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
To add a logo you just need to edit header.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: template sets?
Next Topic: .st0 - .st9 in forum.css
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 23:04:59 GMT 2024