FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Mailing list integration problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mailing list integration problem [message #30325] Fri, 17 February 2006 20:39 Go to next message
scf2k is currently offline  scf2k   Ukraine
Hello!

I've tryed 2.7.4 and 2.7.2 versions with same result. Added mail list rule and it seems to work, but reply from email into forum always gets into new topic, but not in topic which it was replied to. Any suggestions?
Re: Mailing list integration problem [message #30337 is a reply to message #30325] Sun, 19 February 2006 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mischa is currently offline  mischa   Netherlands
It seems that you can specify only one 'notify' e-mail for all your forums Sad
Re: Mailing list integration problem [message #30347 is a reply to message #30325] Sun, 19 February 2006 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Have you tried to enable subject parsing option?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mailing list integration problem [message #30351 is a reply to message #30347] Sun, 19 February 2006 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are referring to Subject mangling option? Otherwise I don't know what you mean. Anyhow I setup two fora but in both the 'FROM:' address is simular, so if people use the reply button everything floods to one forum.

Maybe I missed something?
Re: Mailing list integration problem [message #30365 is a reply to message #30351] Mon, 20 February 2006 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Normally the forum tries to match replies via the use of Message-ID this is most accurate way of performing matches. If that does not work, you can enable the "Slow Reply Match" option that will attempt to perform matches by looking at the message subjects.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mailing list integration problem [message #30373 is a reply to message #30365] Mon, 20 February 2006 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I reply it just creates a new one even with the Slow Reply Match on... Confused

Something I can alter in maillist.php?

Thanks
Re: Mailing list integration problem [message #30375 is a reply to message #30325] Mon, 20 February 2006 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm I'm browsing the php code of maillist.php,
does FUDcode need to be on?
Re: Mailing list integration problem [message #30380 is a reply to message #30373] Tue, 21 February 2006 15:15 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to see the bodies of the messages being sent to see why the forum fails to perform the matches.

As far as FUDcode it deals with the layout of messages, it is not required.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: sql error when writing listserv integration rule
Next Topic: Script for moving data from file to database for 2.7.4
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 16:16:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02812 seconds