FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Minimum message length
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Minimum message length [message #30474] Mon, 27 February 2006 17:28 Go to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
I have a user that likes to create threads with nothing but a title and a URL in the body. It would be nice if I could set the forum to reject message that contain no "real" content by either specifying a minimum post length or the board automatically determining that there was nothing actually said. I know that vBulletin has this feature.
Re: Minimum message length [message #30478 is a reply to message #30474] Mon, 27 February 2006 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Defention of real content is very flexible and people could always bypass length checks by sticking random data of any length.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Minimum message length [message #30480 is a reply to message #30474] Mon, 27 February 2006 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
Yes, and I have done so many times. But it generally forces the user to write something. vBulletin doesn't count content inside bbcode tags as being part of the content length. So, posts that are nothing but a quote or a URL will present the user with an error informing him that he has not met the minimum post length requirement.
Re: Minimum message length [message #30487 is a reply to message #30480] Tue, 28 February 2006 05:54 Go to previous message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Quote:

I have a user that likes to create threads with nothing but a title and a URL in the body. It would be nice if I could set the forum to reject message that contain no "real" content by either specifying a minimum post length or the board automatically determining that there was nothing actually said.
If the problem is just with a certain user or two you could remove their permission to create threads by setting Post to "no" in the Group(s )manager.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Request to change some thread links
Next Topic: Permissions behavior tweak
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 20:43:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02489 seconds