FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Can't Upgrade my FUD. Any hel would be great!
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can't Upgrade my FUD. Any hel would be great! [message #30509] Tue, 28 February 2006 16:36 Go to next message
thebugnut is currently offline  thebugnut   Canada
I have FUD 2.6.13 working on my mac.

I want to upgrade to a newer version to see if I can correct my premature logout issue. When I try the upgrade I get this error...

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /Library/WebServer/Documents/hotrodding/fudforums/upgrade.php on line 986
Failed to parse GLOBALS.php at "" correctly

What is going on here?

Also... can I upgrade from FUD 2.6.13 to 2.7.4 in one step?
Re: Can't Upgrade my FUD. Any hel would be great! [message #30521 is a reply to message #30509] Wed, 01 March 2006 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
From your previous error it sounds like the original installer script thought you were running on win32 Smile

Fix is really simple, remove GLOBALS.php inside the WWW_ROOT and adm/ dirs and replace them with symlinks to the actual GLOBALS.php inside the include/ dir. After that the upgrade script should work normally.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't Upgrade my FUD. Any hel would be great! [message #30525 is a reply to message #30521] Wed, 01 March 2006 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I really understand what you are saying but I am a little sketchy. Can you provide me with any more insight?

Also...

Are you located in Richmond Hill? if so where abouts?

Re: Can't Upgrade my FUD. Any hel would be great! [message #30527 is a reply to message #30525] Wed, 01 March 2006 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
On your forum you have 3 GLOBALS.php files, 2 of them should be symlinks to the real one located inside the include/ directory. To fix the problem you need to remove the ones that contain the include_once line, and create the missing symlinks using the "ln" command.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't Upgrade my FUD. Any hel would be great! [message #30532 is a reply to message #30527] Wed, 01 March 2006 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. I found the actual GLOBAL.php file. I kind of understand what you want me to do but I am hoping my programer comes online soon so he can help.
Re: Can't Upgrade my FUD. Any hel would be great! [message #30533 is a reply to message #30532] Wed, 01 March 2006 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you say symlinks do you mean alias?

Re: Can't Upgrade my FUD. Any hel would be great! [message #30534 is a reply to message #30533] Wed, 01 March 2006 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so replace "Include_once" with "In" ?
Re: Can't Upgrade my FUD. Any hel would be great! [message #30541 is a reply to message #30534] Thu, 02 March 2006 14:02 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
No, on your system run "man ln" command it'll tell you how to use it.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: What is supposed to be in the Globals.php file?
Next Topic: mysql problem following power outage.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 16:24:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02548 seconds