FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » 13 suggestions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
13 suggestions [message #30905] Mon, 20 March 2006 15:13 Go to previous message
_wj_ is currently offline  _wj_   Ukraine

I use FUDForum for a long time and have a big list of suggestions:
  1. Rename link in Moderator Options of Topic
  2. E-Mail or PM notification to topic creator, that topic is renamed or merged with another topic (on/off) with link to new topic
  3. Link list all tools in panel Formatting Tools in Post Form (as for smiles)
  4. Possibility to merge topics not only through WYSIWYG Merge Topic Control Panel, but through id. For example, a simple field on the bottom of every topic (viewable only for moderators/administrators):
    Merge this topic with &th=[    ]     Resulting topic name [    ]       [Go]

Perhaps it is necessary to insert such field also in Merge Topic Control Panel:
    Merge topic &th=[    ]     Resulting topic name [    ]       [Go]
          with &th=[    ]
          link [more &th's]   //or through inserting few &th, separated with ';', in one textfield

Than it would be mutch simplier to find and merge few topics with no need to endless scrolling and strained attention of topic names list in Merge Topic Control Panel. And I have found a few bugs in merging: if I merge 2 topics and one of them is "sticky", than it loose "sticky" status. And after merging the resulting topic become Views number "0". Isn't it better to sum both Views or take the biggest?
  5. Checkboxes on posts in topics (like on list of topics) with group operations: delete; split to new topic with name [ ] and move to forum [ ]; merge with topic &th=[ ].
  6. I would like to see in Message Navigator search results not just small textpieces of posts with "... More >>" link, but the whole posts with original formatting. It would be much more userfriendly :) It is necessary to do it in Forum Search results too.
  7. E-mail notification to user that he was banned/unbanned
  8. Users can modify their post after moderator. For example: if moderator change word "f***" to "<censored>" in user's post, user can edit it back to "f***" :) Probably there should be a checkbox for moderator: edit and lock post.
  9. In "Report message to a moderator" users can insert only 245 symbols. Sometimes it is necessary to insert more words to explain.
  10. E-mail notification to moderator/administrator that there is Report message
  11. In "Show all messages by user" (in Profile) & "Show Own Posts" (in user CP) posts are displayed only as titles. It is much more comfortable to see original post like in thread.
  12. Opportunity to pick up the reason of deleting from the list (end edit this list here too). Typing reasons each time manually is a horror for me :)
  13. Saving deleted posts with possibility to restore. And here must be option to define the deep of saving, for examle "only last 1000 posts".

P.S. Sorry for my English :)
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: vietnam time zone