FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Importing archive mailing lists (existing mailing lists) into FUDforum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Importing archive mailing lists (existing mailing lists) into FUDforum [message #31082] Thu, 30 March 2006 20:54 Go to next message
DanielMD is currently offline  DanielMD   Portugal
Hi,

I need to setup a forum that has the ability to comunicate with a longtime existing mailing list, i have some questions if someone could help me it would be great Wink

I need to create a forum and have a section/category that serves as a gateway to a mailing list that already exists, is this possible?

How do i read the archived mailing list and upload it to the FUDforum?In this case the netbeans mailing list nbusers.

I want users to be able to reply to topics from the forum and from the mailing list, without having to visit the forum (reply using the email client) and have those post showup in the forum. Under a catefory "What's up on the mailing lists". I want a category that monitors a mailing list or many and post messages to a "special" thread.

What i want is to setup the forums so that they are not disruptive of the mailing list, but have more advanced content in the Forums, at the same time i want the mailing list users to be able to participate on the forum.

By the way can i embed Flash movies in FUDforums ?

Thanks In Advanced,
All the Best,
Dan

[Updated on: Thu, 30 March 2006 20:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Importing archive mailing lists (existing mailing lists) into FUDforum [message #31103 is a reply to message #31082] Sat, 01 April 2006 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
For each mailing list you need to create a separate forum. You then use the mailing list control panel to associate the list with that forum. The next step is to subscribe an e-mail address to the list and have messages comming to that list be piped to the forum's maillist.php utility. Check the archives for additional instructions and information.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Importing archive mailing lists (existing mailing lists) into FUDforum [message #31267 is a reply to message #31103] Thu, 13 April 2006 19:33 Go to previous message
Marticus   United States
Once you have successfully setup the forum<->list gateway, you will simply 'bounce' all the old email to the forum-email address, not the email list address. Google it if you don't know how.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Making other pages using the same loginfo
Next Topic: Login in and out via the API
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 12:26:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02929 seconds