FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Making other pages using the same loginfo
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Making other pages using the same loginfo [message #31204] Sat, 08 April 2006 20:54 Go to next message
Twistednetadmin is currently offline  Twistednetadmin   Norway
I have 5 pages on my site + fudforum. Is there a way to use fuds loginfo to get the users from one group to have acces to the other pages? Or do I have to make another loginsystem entirely for those pages?
Re: Making other pages using the same loginfo [message #31209 is a reply to message #31204] Sun, 09 April 2006 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can use FUDAPI and forum_login.php script to authenticate users into your site via FUDforum auth DB.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Making other pages using the same loginfo [message #31222 is a reply to message #31209] Mon, 10 April 2006 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twistednetadmin is currently offline  Twistednetadmin   Norway
Thanks. I'll try that. Is there also a way to get only members of one group to be able to enter the pages?

So that only clubmembers for example has access to the whole site, while the ordinary forummembers only have access to the welcomepage and the forum?
I was thinking of setting up another authsession for those pages using the id of the forum_groups and so on, but that makes two different sessions and probably a need for a second login. Wich I really would avoid for the usability of the site Smile

-TlW-
Re: Making other pages using the same loginfo [message #31236 is a reply to message #31222] Mon, 10 April 2006 21:08 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can query the group_members table to see if a user is a member of the certain group and based on that grant/restrict access to certain web pages outside of the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to delete a poll
Next Topic: Importing archive mailing lists (existing mailing lists) into FUDforum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 22:54:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02223 seconds