FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Installation and tips for several languages on the same page
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Installation and tips for several languages on the same page [message #33477 is a reply to message #33465] Mon, 04 September 2006 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Stephane is currently offline  Stephane   Netherlands
Problem solved, so I wanted to share the results with other users, as I got ideas about what to check from reading about other users' problems. There were two things wrong:
1. A parse error in GLOBALS.php. Somehow during the conversion from IPB 1.3 forum to 2.7.5, the $DISABLED_REASON value was written twice: "Forum is offline, blablabla..." "Forum is offline, blablabla...";
That gave a Parse Error, which could be solved easily. Smile

Before that though, I had error messages about not being able to connect to the database, which got solved mysteriously Shocked (I only used the username and password mentioned in the file to check that I could connect successfully to the database and after that, I had no more messages about connecting to the DB, just the parse error I mentioned above).

2. Ownership of newly-created files was not set properly. I could run index.php from the command line and get the html code from it. But then when I tried from the browser, I still had nothing (or rather a nice empty page with: <html><body></body></html>). We made www-data owner of all files and it worked. Cool

So now we have a working forum, which we still need to get into UTF-8 format for multiple language support, but we are on the right track.

I hope that can help some solve their own problem. Maybe Ilia has some explanation(s) or idea(s) about my issues.

In any case, great work guys, FUDForum rocks Razz Twisted Evil
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Trouble Deleting User from eGroupware
Next Topic: Trouble with TestFORUM in new eGroupware install
Goto Forum: