FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Flagging threads with own involvement
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Flagging threads with own involvement [message #34242] Sun, 15 October 2006 18:04 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Request from some of my users:

There are two kinds of topic icons: blue (read.png) which say that there aren't new posts in this topic, and red (unread.png) which, on the other hand, show that there are new posts since your last visit.

Could those icons be modified in order to show users that they participated in a topic discussion? They might stay the way they are - red and blue, but with ... I don't know ... a yellow circle on it to show I have some posts in there. It would make followup so much easier.
Re: Flagging threads with own involvement [message #34243 is a reply to message #34242] Sun, 15 October 2006 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Participation check is too slow to implement.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Flagging threads with own involvement [message #34248 is a reply to message #34242] Mon, 16 October 2006 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
It's a great feature, but it slows the forum down something horribly =(

Re: Flagging threads with own involvement [message #34251 is a reply to message #34248] Mon, 16 October 2006 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JanRei is currently offline  JanRei   Germany
Contributing Core Developer
Translator
I am a member of a forum that has this feature, and I like this feature. (Yes, this forum is slower than FUDforum.)
Re: Flagging threads with own involvement [message #34267 is a reply to message #34251] Mon, 16 October 2006 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I've looked at the code and must (unfortunately) agree with Ilia. Introducing such a feature will require an extra database lookup for each topic listed. So, if you set "Topics Per Page" to 40. You would need 40 additional queries to render that page.
Re: Flagging threads with own involvement [message #34277 is a reply to message #34267] Tue, 17 October 2006 15:35 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There are ways around it, so you will not need 40 queries (1 per topic shown) however they would still be slow.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Groups and supergroups
Next Topic: PM-box size for administrators
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 20:39:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01997 seconds