FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Simplifying the initial registration
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Simplifying the initial registration [message #34737] Thu, 16 November 2006 18:45 Go to next message
darren is currently offline  darren   United Kingdom
The initial registration form - eg. http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=register - is very lengthy and most people decide not to join my forum because of this.

What is the best way of reducing the size of this initial form ?
I would like to allow people to register using a very basic form, which they can later adjust AFTER they've registered in the 'control panel'.

Suggestion welcome.

Thanks

Darren
Re: Simplifying the initial registration [message #34748 is a reply to message #34737] Thu, 16 November 2006 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can hide all of the optional fields which are pretty much all of the fields below the login/password/e-mail/name.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Simplifying the initial registration [message #34759 is a reply to message #34748] Fri, 17 November 2006 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Thu, 16 November 2006 18:59

You can hide all of the optional fields which are pretty much all of the fields below the login/password/e-mail/name.

How do you hide ?
Re: Simplifying the initial registration [message #34782 is a reply to message #34759] Fri, 17 November 2006 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can set style="display: none" attribute for all the table rows you don't wish to show.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Simplifying the initial registration [message #34789 is a reply to message #34782] Fri, 17 November 2006 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Fri, 17 November 2006 10:21

You can set style="display: none" attribute for all the table rows you don't wish to show.

I'm trying to do something different, let me explain please :
If I edit register.php and add style="display: none" for the
rows I do not want to see on the registration form, it is not possible for the user to edit these rows later.
Re: Simplifying the initial registration [message #34820 is a reply to message #34789] Sun, 19 November 2006 16:39 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, you need to make it conditional on this being a new registration. Inside the template put the display: none into a conditional block based on the _uid constant.

Ex.

{IF _uid} style="display: none"{ENDIFI}

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Resize images
Next Topic: For New Version Will Have RSS?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 02:49:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02065 seconds