FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » a few small but important issues
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
a few small but important issues [message #3485] Tue, 25 June 2002 06:46 Go to previous message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi, there are a few small 'bugs' I want to tell:

1. Moving threads and pruning: Let's say we have Forum_A and Forum_B, and a thread, thread_A is in Forum_A. When we move thread_A from Forum_A to Forum_B, a link appears in Forum_A saying that thread_A has been moved to Forum_B. So far, so good. The problem is when we attempt to prune for example ALL messages from Forum_A, thread_A (which is in Forum_B now) WILL also be deleted (This is so in 2.1.1 as well)
    Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a feature, what good is moving threads for? Is there any way for moving a thread to another forum and ensuring it's safe?
  2. Translation: Login, in Turkish, has different meanings in its name and verb form: As a name it means "username", and as a verb it means "log in to some system". I'm aware that it may be so in many languages. So when it appears on a button, it's better to translate it as a verb. There is a small problem in the login form in login.php, I think the same variable has been used for the name and the verb form of login.
    The "login" which appears in the button may be a different variable, or may be the same variable as other "login" buttons (such as that appearing in the main page, index.php).
    (I'm not sure if this is corrected in 2.1.1)
    Phew! small problem, but hard to describe Smile
  3. Reporting: Unregistered users can report a message to a moderator (2.0.2). Is it supposed to be so? Well, it may be in some, perhaps most cases, but it may be just the opposite in quite a number of cases. Perhaps there should be a permission setting for this?

These suggestions, or small bug reports, are just to make a wonderful forum script perfect Smile

Keep up the good work,
C ya again...
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can't tell which tab is hilighted in profile section
Next Topic: Cookies _not_ working
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-