FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Cookies _not_ working
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Cookies _not_ working [message #3496] Wed, 26 June 2002 07:25 Go to next message
james is currently offline  james   United States
Hi. First post here.

I've searched the forums and have found no similar issue, so I'll post here. I'm using the released version of FUD (which kicks some serious tail!) and there's only one problem that I'm having - my cookies are not working at all. I had them set at a default setting, and they were not working. I then tried setting the expiration time to a higher value, still to no avail. I am uncertain of what to do. I have tested this on multiple computers, all with the same problems. The URL of my forum is http://welcome.to/terabyte/.

Anyways, in case I was fuzzy in that first paragraph, I can log into the site just fine. However, if I leave the site, even just by closing the window and immediately reopening the forums, I must log in again. Has anyone else had this problem? Or have any solutions? Thanks!
Re: Cookies _not_ working [message #3498 is a reply to message #3496] Wed, 26 June 2002 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The reason that you can login and use the forum is because the forum will begin using cookies if sessions are not avaliable.

I went to your forum with Mozilla 1.0 and it used cookies for me just fine.

Which browser are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Cookies _not_ working [message #3499 is a reply to message #3498] Wed, 26 June 2002 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Internet Explorer 6. Thanks for replying so quickly! The problem that I seem to have is with registered users. They can log in, and the cookies seem to work fine. However, when they close the window and then go back to the site, they are logged out. It seems as though my users are only staying logged in via sessions, while cookies would be preferable (I am _not_ sure of that though!)
Re: Cookies _not_ working [message #3511 is a reply to message #3499] Thu, 27 June 2002 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 27 February 2007 03:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cookies _not_ working [message #3512 is a reply to message #3511] Thu, 27 June 2002 20:54 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That could be the problem indeed. Since if the cookie is set for a v3 domain it cannot be retrived from another domain and vice versa.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: a few small but important issues
Next Topic: Showing avatars
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 19:12:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02127 seconds