FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Private Message Email Link (HTML email generated by PM not working)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Private Message Email Link [message #36536] Thu, 29 March 2007 01:11 Go to next message
rwest is currently offline  rwest   United States
I didn't know where to post this, so I apologize if this isn't the right forum.

I'm running 2.7.6 and I noticed that when a user receives an email notification regarding a PM they have received, they get an email like:
You have a new private message titled "Re: New Installer problem" from "bozo" on the "mySupportForum" forum.
To view the message click here: index.php/pmv/1156/

To stop future notifications, disable "Private Message Notification" in your profile.

As you can see, the link isn't really a link. Other messages (like moderation messages, Post notification, and such) come through just fine.

Is there a setting somewhere or something that I might have missed in the configuration?
Re: Private Message Email Link [message #36542 is a reply to message #36536] Fri, 30 March 2007 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Its not a link because to use it the user needs to be logged in. To disable further PM notifications they need to disable/turn off the mentioned option in their profile.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Private Message Email Link [message #36551 is a reply to message #36542] Fri, 30 March 2007 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rwest is currently offline  rwest   United States
I don't mean to sound dense, but..

what?

I did a little digging, and I see that it shows up in a couple of files within the template:
pmsg.php:       send_email($GLOBALS['NOTIFY_FROM'], $email, '['.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'] New Private Message Notification', 'You have a new private message titled "'.$subject.'" from "'.$from.'" on the "'.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'" forum.\nTo view the message click here: index.php/pmv/'.$pid.'/'.$pfx.'\n\nTo stop future notifications, disable "Private Message Notification" in your profile.');
pmsg_view.php:  send_email($GLOBALS['NOTIFY_FROM'], $email, '['.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'] New Private Message Notification', 'You have a new private message titled "'.$subject.'" from "'.$from.'" on the "'.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'" forum.\nTo view the message click here: index.php/pmv/'.$pid.'/'.$pfx.'\n\nTo stop future notifications, disable "Private Message Notification" in your profile.');
ppost.php:      send_email($GLOBALS['NOTIFY_FROM'], $email, '['.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'] New Private Message Notification', 'You have a new private message titled "'.$subject.'" from "'.$from.'" on the "'.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'" forum.\nTo view the message click here: index.php/pmv/'.$pid.'/'.$pfx.'\n\nTo stop future notifications, disable "Private Message Notification" in your profile.');
thr_exch.php:   send_email($GLOBALS['NOTIFY_FROM'], $email, '['.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'] New Private Message Notification', 'You have a new private message titled "'.$subject.'" from "'.$from.'" on the "'.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'" forum.\nTo view the message click here: index.php/pmv/'.$pid.'/'.$pfx.'\n\nTo stop future notifications, disable "Private Message Notification" in your profile.');

Shouldn't those files have the line like:
send_email($GLOBALS['NOTIFY_FROM'], $email, '['.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'] New Private Message Notification', 'You have a new private message titled "'.$subject.'" from "'.$from.'" on the "'.$GLOBALS['FORUM_TITLE'].'" forum.\nTo view the message click here: '.$GLOBALS['WWW_ROOT'].'index.php/pmv/'.$pid.'/'.$pfx.'\n\nTo stop future notifications, disable "Private Message Notification" in your profile.');

Or am I missing something here?
Re: Private Message Email Link [message #36710 is a reply to message #36551] Sun, 01 April 2007 19:37 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is addressed in CVS, the template URL is {FULL_ROOT}{ROOT}

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: compile 32bit Mplayer on 64bit Debian's problem
Next Topic: 2.7.6: Link to "new in topic" from topic list often only shows first post...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 18:09:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02671 seconds