FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Private messages error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Private messages error [message #36850] Fri, 13 April 2007 22:20 Go to next message
Crimson is currently offline  Crimson   United States
Your private message folders exceed the allowed storage size of 300000 bytes. They currently contain 214830 bytes worth of messages.

Re: Private messages error [message #36851 is a reply to message #36850] Fri, 13 April 2007 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crimson is currently offline  Crimson   United States
I guess this can sort-of be classified as a bug. I upgraded to the latest RC a couple days ago and apparently you have added settings so moderators and admins can have more private message storage space. These values defaulted to blank.

So, two fixes are apparently needed.

1) Default the new settings to a real number (perhaps the same as the current "normal user" setting?
2) Update the error message to use the right setting's value for their permission level.

By the way, THANKS for making this feature. I get more PMs than anyone else as the owner and I hit this all the time.
Re: Private messages error [message #36880 is a reply to message #36851] Sun, 15 April 2007 16:08 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The fix is already in the CVS, in RC1 the default limit for the admins and moderators was missing.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: forum rank system - inconsistent rank display
Next Topic: Can't even make my first post in my brand new forum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 20:30:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02572 seconds