FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Few issues after server transfer.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Few issues after server transfer. [message #36957] Sat, 21 April 2007 01:43 Go to next message
Nastun is currently offline  Nastun   United States
I recently had to transfer a working forum to an in home server. I was send the database and the forum and data folders. I got everything transfered and the database imported into mysql. The database did have some errors that I went in and manually repaired. I was able to load the page locally after updating my GLOBALS.php. I navigated to the adm folder loged in and rebuilt the theme. I am not able to access any forum topic and none of the grafx files show up. Here is what I edited in GLOBALS.php
OLD
$INCLUDE 		= "E:\\website\\FR\\home\\mathel\\frforum\\data\\include\\";
	$WWW_ROOT 		= "http://frforum.forsakenrealm.org";
	$WWW_ROOT_DISK		= "E:\\website\\FR\\home\\mathel\\frforum\\forum\\";
	$DATA_DIR		= "E:\\website\\FR\\home\\mathel\\frforum\\data\\";
	$ERROR_PATH 		= "E:\\\\website\\\\FR\\\\home\\\\mathel\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\errors\\\\";
	$MSG_STORE_DIR		= "E:\\\\website\\\\FR\\\\home\\\\mathel\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\messages\\\\";
	$TMP			= "E:\\\\website\\\\FR\\\\home\\\\mathel\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\tmp\\\\";
	$FILE_STORE		= "E:\\\\website\\\\FR\\\\home\\\\mathel\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\files\\\\";
	$FORUM_SETTINGS_PATH 	= "E:\\\\website\\\\FR\\\\home\\\\mathel\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\cache\\\\";

NEW
$INCLUDE 		= "C:\\Apache2\\htdocs\\frforum\\data\\include\\";
	$WWW_ROOT 		= "localhost";
	$WWW_ROOT_DISK		= "C:\\Apache2\\htdocs\\frforum\\forum\\";
	$DATA_DIR		= "C:\\Apache2\\htdocs\\frforum\\data\\";
	$ERROR_PATH 		= "C:\\\\Apache2\\\\htdocs\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\errors\\\\";
	$MSG_STORE_DIR		= "C:\\\\Apache2\\\\htdocs\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\messages\\\\";
	$TMP			= "C:\\\\Apache2\\\\htdocs\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\tmp\\\\";
	$FILE_STORE		= "C:\\\\Apache2\\\\htdocs\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\files\\\\";
	$FORUM_SETTINGS_PATH 	= "C:\\\\Apache2\\\\htdocs\\\\frforum\\\\data\\\\cache\\\\";

The old backup did not have the fake GLOBALS.php in all the folders so I just placed an updated copy in each folder to try and get my data back. What else do I need to do. I am stumped. it looks as if the theme is not loading. Could this be because I am missing the fake GLOBALS.php files?
Thanks
UPDATE: I tried using the fake GLOBALS.php and the page wont load at all.
<?php include_once "C:/Apache2/htdocs/frforum/forum/include/GLOBALS.php"; ?>

http://frguild.com/frforum/forum/index.php

[Updated on: Sat, 21 April 2007 02:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #36966 is a reply to message #36957] Sun, 22 April 2007 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
$WWW_ROOT = "localhost";

Is wrong, the WWW_ROOT needs to be a URL, for example http://localhost/

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #36969 is a reply to message #36957] Sun, 22 April 2007 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I set the $WWW_ROOT = "http://localhost/"; and again rebuilt the theme. Now when I click on anything it sends me to my main
index.php (PHPNUKE) I guess it is better than a page not found but still not able to access any posts.

Here is my directory structure
Root...with phpnuke installed
frforum...folder where fudforum is installed
...data
...forum

[Updated on: Sun, 22 April 2007 23:27]

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #36972 is a reply to message #36957] Mon, 23 April 2007 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
Hi Nastun. Funny thing, I am Garrik, the one who made your guilds website hehe.

Oh well, first of all, your WWW adress seems a little crazy Sir.
(http://frguild.com/frforum/forum/index.php)

Why not make the URL either http://forum.frguild.com or frguild.com/index.php

And, why not use the forsakenrealm.org domain? I can get you in touch with Knut who has been paying for that domain for the last years (As far as I know) =).

The "real" globals.php (The other two should be SYMLINKS) is located in C:\\Apache2\\htdocs\\frforum\\data\\include\\

Your $WWW_ROOT in has to be: http://frguild.com/frforum/forum/

(With your current setup)

To create a symlink in linux you do: ln -s /original/file /new/link (But it seems that you are running your setup on a windows server? In windows, you just create a shortcut to obtain the same results, I think? (http://shell-shocked.org/article.php?id=284#winlinks)

[Updated on: Mon, 23 April 2007 07:02]

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #36991 is a reply to message #36957] Tue, 24 April 2007 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazifunguy is currently offline  crazifunguy   United States
This is Nastun...HMM for some reason I cannot access the login or logout pages so the only way I could access forum is to create new user. I just figured out how to make a subdomain so I can fix the messy links. All of this stuff is very new to me. I was given about 10 days to learn setup configure and get this temporary server running. I have well over 150 hours in getting this stuff working. The forums are up now and the guild can finally access them. We were without a website for 2 weeks and the lotto system still is broken. Fudor had to shut the server down on the 14th so I had to get this going asap. Honestly it is very frustrating to try and learn this all so fast. It has been a nightmare from the start but I am getting things working slowly. The biggest hurdle was not having access to use the old domain name and dealing with corrupted mysql databases. Everyfile and post has some refrence to the forsakenrealm.org domain Sad

Anyways

Thank you all for the help on the forums. I dont want to get off topic on your forums with all the EQ stuff. I had to edit my hosts file so I can access the domain from the server insted of using localhost. The GLOBALS.php files are all full files the site just wont load with the fake ones. Im sure thats some kind of security issue but its working for now. The guild appreciates it.

I'm off to go learn PHP to fix the lotto system...wish me luck

~Nastun
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #36994 is a reply to message #36957] Tue, 24 April 2007 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raker (and I helped design it!) wrote the lotto system, want me to get him to contact you?

[Updated on: Tue, 24 April 2007 06:10]

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37004 is a reply to message #36957] Tue, 24 April 2007 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ounvme is currently offline  ounvme   United States
Is there any reason why I cannot access the login page? It is really annoying to have to make a new e-mail and register every time I want to reply. When I click the login on ie6 or ie7 it just loads a blank page. I have tried from 3 different PC's. Other than that yes I would appreciate any help I can get. I am trying to get the site running like the origional but the postnuke main page only loads the hedder...."SLAMS HEAD ON DESK" I have the subdomains setup with my DNS so those should work once I point them to the proper directories. I cannot get any help on the postnuke forums cause the e-mail activation wont send me an e-mail. SO you can understand my avalanche of headache.
Here are my contact infos
AIM/e-mail - eqnastun/eqnastun(at)aol(dot)com
Yahoo - crazifunguy
MSN - crazifunguy(at)aol(dot)com
Appreciate it. I found some old screen shots im sure you would like to see.
~Nast
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37009 is a reply to message #37004] Wed, 25 April 2007 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Check your PHP error log.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37064 is a reply to message #36957] Wed, 02 May 2007 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAY the login link was fixed. OK forum is working. I am having an issue with the upgrade script.

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\Apache2\htdocs\frforum\forum\upgrade.php on line 976
Failed to parse GLOBALS.php at "" correctly

Is this cause I am using full versions of GLOBALS.php insted of the ghosted ones? How do I fix this?
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37071 is a reply to message #37064] Wed, 02 May 2007 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can replace the ghosted files with

<?php require "/path/to/real/GLOBALS.php"; ?>

Then the upgrade script should work.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37078 is a reply to message #36957] Thu, 03 May 2007 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If my 2 forum folders are located in

c:\apache2\htdocs\frforum\data
c:\apache2\htdocs\frforum\forum
what would my path be
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37079 is a reply to message #36957] Thu, 03 May 2007 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

<?php require "c:\\apache2\\htdocs\\frforum\\data\\include\\GLOBALS.php"; ?>

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37085 is a reply to message #36957] Thu, 03 May 2007 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still the same error where are the proper locations of the file?
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37086 is a reply to message #36957] Thu, 03 May 2007 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DATA_ROOT/include/GLOBALS.php

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37087 is a reply to message #36957] Thu, 03 May 2007 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have quad \'s in some areas of your globals file, could that be the problem?

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37116 is a reply to message #37087] Sun, 06 May 2007 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok here is a new problem. I transfered the forum from my development server to the live one.
I am running IIS 6 on the live server. I have to use an older version of PHP and apache 2 does not fully support php 4.1

Again I am having a problem with GLOBALS.PHP
When I use a full GLOBALS.php the forum works fine

When I use the dummy file with
<?php require "c:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\data\\include\\GLOBALS.php";?>
I get the errors

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\adm\GLOBALS.php:2) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\data\include\theme\default\cookies.inc on line 145

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\adm\GLOBALS.php:2) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\data\include\adm.inc on line 31

How do I fix this one?

[Updated on: Sun, 06 May 2007 17:07]

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37117 is a reply to message #36957] Sun, 06 May 2007 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One more thing. The forum shows up great on localhost but over the web the theme is all messed up? What is that from?
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37130 is a reply to message #37117] Mon, 07 May 2007 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You probably need to change references from localhost to web address inside the GLOBALS.php file and rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37131 is a reply to message #37130] Tue, 08 May 2007 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know what the heck im doin but now I get this great error.
Frustration is setting in.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: q() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\index.php on line 257

Nevermind I'm stupid. The user needs access rights to the database.

Still getting this
When I use the dummy file with
<?php require "c:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\data\\include\\GLOBALS.php";?>
I get the errors

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\adm\GLOBALS.php:2) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\data\include\theme\default\cookies.inc on line 145

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\adm\GLOBALS.php:2) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\data\include\adm.inc on line 31

[Updated on: Tue, 08 May 2007 03:20]

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37141 is a reply to message #37131] Tue, 08 May 2007 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Load phpinfo() page, do you have $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] defined?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37149 is a reply to message #37141] Wed, 09 May 2007 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
found another problem. all of my files download empty files. i copied the data directory over.

also when i try to upload any file i get this error

(t=post) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.atch'), message_id=17126 WHERE id IN(1091) AND private='N'' at
Query: UPDATE frforum_attach SET location=CONCAT('C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\data\files\', id, '.atch'), message_id=17126 WHERE id IN(1091) AND private='N'
Server Version: 4.1.22-community-nt
[Referring Page] http://www.frguild.com/frforum/forum/index.php?t=post
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37157 is a reply to message #37149] Thu, 10 May 2007 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to change your path to use \\ or / in the GLOBALS.php file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37169 is a reply to message #37157] Thu, 10 May 2007 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know what I did lastnight but I was having a problem with atachments so I ran the consistency checker and now no matter what I do I cant post in certin forums. I reloaded the origional SQL and site dump and I still get the darn error. I cant upgrade the forums version until the rest of the site is compatible with php 4.4.6. I have to use 4.1.1 right now.

I get this error
Warning: Unknown error in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\theme\default\post.php on line 574

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\theme\default\post.php:574) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\theme\default\post.php on line 3697

The page will post but this is a huge problem for my users and the admins as multiple posts are made each time they press the refresh button. Some pages I can post but I cannot add atachments.

I dont know what to do. If someone wants to log in to the server and fix it please let me know. I just cant seem to fix the problems.

To connect with remote desktop
Address: www.frguild.com
Login:Administrator
Pass:ounvme

Forum Admin
Login:nastun
Pass:ounvme

I have backups of everything on hard copy if needed.
Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 10 May 2007 20:14]

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37192 is a reply to message #36957] Sat, 12 May 2007 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well after hours and hours and hours of looking at this I figured out 1 of the problems. Since I created my fake GLOBALS.php files in notepad It added an invisible line #2 This caused all the hedder problems on the main page. I can now log in and view my pages fine.

The only problem left is. When I try to post in the forum called The Guild Lobby I get this error.

Warning: Unknown error in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\theme\default\post.php on line 574

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\theme\default\post.php:574) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\forum\theme\default\post.php on line 3697

[Updated on: Sat, 12 May 2007 05:28]

Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37204 is a reply to message #37192] Sun, 13 May 2007 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What is the code on that line of post.php?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37206 is a reply to message #36957] Mon, 14 May 2007 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mail($to, $subj, str_replace("\r", "", $body), "From: $from\nErrors-To: $from\nReturn-Path: $from\nX-Mailer: FUDforum v".$GLOBALS['FORUM_VERSION'].$header.$bcc);

header("Location: ".$GLOBALS['returnto']);
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37216 is a reply to message #36957] Mon, 14 May 2007 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must add that this problem is only when creating a new topic. Reply to any thread works fine.
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37217 is a reply to message #37216] Mon, 14 May 2007 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I deleted the forum that I could not post in and that fixed the posting problem. I just made a new one and transfered the posts back. I still cannot upload any files to any forum. I get this error

(t=post) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.atch'), message_id=17224 WHERE id IN(1099) AND private='N'' at
Query: UPDATE frforum_attach SET location=CONCAT('C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\frforum\data\files\', id, '.atch'), message_id=17224 WHERE id IN(1099) AND private='N'
Server Version: 4.1.22-community-nt
[Referring Page] http://forum.frguild.com/index.php?t=post

I am starting to think I should just delete the whole thing and start with a fresh install of 2.3.8.
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37345 is a reply to message #37217] Sun, 20 May 2007 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to change file paths inside GLOBALS.php to use \\ or /

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Few issues after server transfer. [message #37356 is a reply to message #36957] Sun, 20 May 2007 22:59 Go to previous message
What I have
$INCLUDE = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\data\\include\\";
$WWW_ROOT = "http://forum.frguild.com/";
$WWW_ROOT_DISK = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\forum\\";
$DATA_DIR = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\data\\";
$ERROR_PATH = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\data\\errors\\";
$MSG_STORE_DIR = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\data\\messages\\";
$TMP = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\data\\tmp\\";
$FILE_STORE = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\data\\files\\";
$FORUM_SETTINGS_PATH = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\frforum\\data\\cache\\";

The main page wont load with /
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Importing forum data
Next Topic: Attempting manual upgrade - which data is needed?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 21:18:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03573 seconds