FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Probationary Membership
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Probationary Membership [message #37161] Thu, 10 May 2007 01:30 Go to next message
dfgngirl is currently offline  dfgngirl   United States

Hi,

I'd like to create a probationary membership group to put troublemakers as an intermediary treatment to banning. Currently, we have one open forum - open to all anonymous or not - and a few members only fora. I'd like to create a 3rd membership group that lets the user read-only in the private section, but still allow read/write in the public forum.

Any tips on how this may be done? I've created the "Probationary Member" group, but fail don't know the next steps.

Thanks!

PS: I have FUDforum 2.7.4

[Updated on: Thu, 10 May 2007 19:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Probationary Membership [message #37172 is a reply to message #37161] Thu, 10 May 2007 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Group permissions are the same for all the forums that are in the group. So in effect to do what you want you will need 2 groups.

The group A would allow "troublemakers" to read private forums and group B would allow them to read/post in the public ones.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Probationary Membership [message #37178 is a reply to message #37172] Fri, 11 May 2007 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dfgngirl is currently offline  dfgngirl   United States

So you're saying to put each forum into two groups - like a category?

I ask because I tried creating separate user groups - under "Admin Group Manager: Add/Edit groups or group leaders" I created a group called "Global Probationary Member", and when I add users to that membership, they are allowed to either post to all forums, or none depending on how I set the permissions on the "Group Editor Selection" but not a mix of posting permissions in one forum but not another. I'm clearly not seeing how to make this work.
Re: Probationary Membership [message #37203 is a reply to message #37178] Sun, 13 May 2007 17:30 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Admin group manager is what you need to create the groups.
To assign the privileges for different users you need to use the group manager linked from the forum's front page.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Invisible members
Next Topic: Rollover Effects In HTML
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:45:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03410 seconds