FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Quick group management (How to add multiple users, remove rights...)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Quick group management [message #37374] Wed, 23 May 2007 14:05 Go to next message
stovocor is currently offline  stovocor   Germany
Hello!

I just installed FUDforum and imported all data from a PHPBB-Forum. But now I have two questions about the group management.

1. How do I add multiple users quickly to a group? The only way I found was to enter each user's name.

2. Is there an option to remove a right from all users of a group? For example, I want to forbid all users of the group "developers" to edit and delete other's messages.

TIA
Stephan
Re: Quick group management [message #37376 is a reply to message #37374] Wed, 23 May 2007 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
1) you can use fudapi, if you use web interface keep in mind the forum will try to help you by default to the permissions of the previously added user. So you just need to put it login names and click submit.

2) You can update the permissions in the database and run the consistency checker.

Another option is to use functions inside groups.inc.t

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Quick group management [message #37386 is a reply to message #37376] Thu, 24 May 2007 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stovocor is currently offline  stovocor   Germany
Sorry, but what is fudapi?

The problem is when there are >100 users to add. Simply clicking a checkbox or choosing from a dropdown-box is much faster than copying each name and submit the form twice.
Re: Quick group management [message #37454 is a reply to message #37386] Fri, 25 May 2007 00:40 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
fudapi is a fudforum API designed to give you access to internal FUDforum functions.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Customising The Quote Box
Next Topic: auto email to all members
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 02:05:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03158 seconds