FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » A Few Template Changes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
A Few Template Changes [message #38422] Mon, 06 August 2007 05:08 Go to next message
radixius is currently offline  radixius   United States
There are a few things I'd like to do with my forum. First of all, I'd like to increase the height of the tag space so someone wouldn't have to scroll to see what a member has done, or, if you were to have images to signify if someone is a moderator or if someone does something special for the site you can pop one up on there and see the whole image, is there something in the template editor where I can change this, or would it take a hack?

Also; I'd like to add a better forum navigation to the bottom of the page so someone would have a better idea of how to go to the top of the page to go back to the section of the forum the current post is in.

Any help is appreciated.
Re: A Few Template Changes [message #38430 is a reply to message #38422] Mon, 06 August 2007 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You can use custom tags in the admin user manager to attach images (the custom tag supports HTML) to the user thus identifying their special status as a moderator, admin, etc...

As far as navigation you probably want to edit the msg.tmpl and thread.tmpl templates for that.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: A Few Template Changes [message #38434 is a reply to message #38422] Mon, 06 August 2007 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I knew how to make image tags, I figured that much out. The real question was if there was a way to increase the height for the allotted tag space in the user's information above their post. Having to scroll to see all of someone's tag or the bottom half of an image tag kind of defeats the purpose, I think.

Also; this would be my first time editing the templates so I really don't know what to do and I have a genuine fear of messing everything up.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 August 2007 17:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A Few Template Changes [message #38454 is a reply to message #38434] Wed, 08 August 2007 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The size of the "tag" space is controlled via CSS, so by editing forum.css.tmpl and adjusting the "ctags" block you can increase the space.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: A Few Template Changes [message #38458 is a reply to message #38422] Wed, 08 August 2007 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright, thanks a ton!

EDIT: Another question involving tags. How would I make it so that I could have multiple tags on a single horizontal plane instead of having one per row?

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2007 04:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A Few Template Changes [message #38487 is a reply to message #38458] Fri, 10 August 2007 00:02 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to edit the drawmsg.tmpl template for that.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problem Changing Header Dynamically
Next Topic: More user-groups
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 01:06:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02583 seconds