FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Shoutbox User integration with FUD
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Shoutbox User integration with FUD [message #38586] Thu, 16 August 2007 20:19 Go to next message
BAD35th is currently offline  BAD35th   Canada
I have been able to succussfully get a Shoutbox / Chatbox from Cbox working with my FUD forum. I like it but some users are abusing it.

The Vendor says it shuld be possible to integrate it to synchronize with the Forum Users login name. In the following code peice it tells how to do this with PHP type systems.

Where do I find this User type parameter in FUD?? Would I have to make any other changing to FUD configuration or code to make this work??

Thanks....

From the Cbox site:
-------------------------------------------------------

If you host your own website with its own userbase, it is quite easy to integrate Cbox so that it automatically assigns the correct names to users logged in to your website.

If your site is PHP-based (e.g. phpNuke, vBulletin, phpBB), alter your Cbox HTML code in the following way:

...&amp;sec=form&amp;nme=<?=urlencode($name)?>&amp;nmekey=<?=md5('22dkcjb09gk00i4a'.$name)? >

Where the variable $name appears, insert the variable that represents the user's name as retrieved from your userbase. This will vary depending on your CMS or forum system. After changing your code, enable user override below.

--------------------------------------------------------
Re: Shoutbox User integration with FUD [message #38621 is a reply to message #38586] Sun, 19 August 2007 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
The user types are set via a bitmask through users_opt field inside the users table.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Shoutbox User integration with FUD [message #38732 is a reply to message #38621] Sat, 25 August 2007 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HELP !!!

My forum crashed after trying to integrate this Confused

When I hit the main site ( www.forums.tfbm.org )I just get a blank white page??

I tried to understand what you were saying and added the following code to my Cbox HTML which is located in the footer of my template:

&amp;nme=<?=urlencode($u->id)?>&amp;nmekey=<?=md5('22dkcjb09gk00i4a'.$u->id)?>

Then I could no longer get into the Admin console to change back the template! Fortunately I was able to go back thru the browser history and get an old window to open in the Admin console and put the footer back to how it was before the crash Shocked Site now reloads ok.

Is it possible for you to give me a further clue what Variable I should be looking for?

[Updated on: Sat, 25 August 2007 04:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Shoutbox User integration with FUD [message #38736 is a reply to message #38732] Sat, 25 August 2007 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Note to self: always open 2 Browser windows! Smile

1. With Template/Admin console open for editing.

2. Separate window to test changes the on your forum.

Re: Shoutbox User integration with FUD [message #38754 is a reply to message #38732] Sun, 26 August 2007 16:41 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You should not embed PHP directly into fud forum templates. If you want to reference a variable do:

{VAR: var_name} (note the missing dollar sign.

if you want to call a function do:

{FUNC: foo($abc, $xyz)}

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Datamodel
Next Topic: account manager info
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 10:27:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02621 seconds