FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Approve account each time user changes his/her email (HOWTO: make a user unconfirmed each time user changes his/her email)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Approve account each time user changes his/her email [message #39074] Tue, 25 September 2007 10:18 Go to next message
neo83 is currently offline  neo83   United Kingdom
Hi,

I am running the latest stable version of FUDforum. I would like to know, if there is any option of making a user unconfirmed, when he/she changes his/her's email account. All new registrants need to be approved by the admin. Byt after a while, if the user changes the email, i want the account to be unconfirmed until the admin approves the account.

The reason i'm asking this is, we are accepting users only with legitimate email addresses from office/university.
All users with free email accounts are not being approved. So when the user registers with a work email, and the user is approved, we do not want the user to change his email to free email account (example: hotmail, yahoo, gmail).

We have email filters to disallow users to use free accounts like hotmail or yahoo, but these filters are only applied when a user registers for the first time and not when an existing user changes his/her's email?

Can someone shed some light on the above please?

Thanks,

Praveen

[Updated on: Tue, 25 September 2007 14:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Approve account each time user changes his/her email [message #39081 is a reply to message #39074] Tue, 25 September 2007 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can set the unconfirmed flag via the users_opt bitmask inside users_reg.inc.t if the e-mail address changes and re-execute the delivery of the confirmation e-mail from register.php.t (same code as the one used to update user info).

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Approve account each time user changes his/her email [message #39090 is a reply to message #39081] Wed, 26 September 2007 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi LLia,

Thanks very much for the reply.

If you have time, can you show me the snippet of the code, where i need to put this condition.

Also, how about the issue regarding the email filter? When the user registers, the email address of the user is parsed through the email filter, but not when the user changes his email address after a while?

Thanks,

Praveen
Re: Approve account each time user changes his/her email [message #39100 is a reply to message #39090] Wed, 26 September 2007 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The e-mail address is validated on every submission.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Approve account each time user changes his/her email [message #39102 is a reply to message #39074] Thu, 27 September 2007 10:15 Go to previous message
Hi LLia,

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed, it does do the validation each time. It was my mistake that i messed with the regex definition of the email address in the email filter.

Glad everything works!

Thanks for your help.

Praveen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: adding a text box inside message body (float/right)
Next Topic: after cahnge WWW root, system still redirect me to old URL
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 03:10:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03009 seconds