FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Installing a different text editor
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Installing a different text editor [message #39236] Fri, 12 October 2007 16:38 Go to next message
benso37 is currently offline  benso37   United States
Is this possible? The build in text editor looks find but it's missing one very important feature which happens to be adding images. Currently the only way to add an image is to use a URL. I am using my install, strictly for administrative notes and such. I want to be able to do a how-to of error messages and show screen shots of how to fix it. I want to be able to display images from my local hard drive without the need of a URL.

So, I need this feature or a different text editor that can handle it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Re: Installing a different text editor [message #39363 is a reply to message #39236] Fri, 19 October 2007 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You can attach the image to the message and then link to the attachment.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installing a different text editor [message #39384 is a reply to message #39236] Fri, 19 October 2007 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benso37 is currently offline  benso37   United States
Maybe I'm lost? That seems like a two step process. First attach, submit the thread...and then go back and edit by using the link of the attached file? Note a reasonable solution...Thanks though
Re: Installing a different text editor [message #39395 is a reply to message #39384] Sun, 21 October 2007 15:45 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Its a one step process, once you attach an image to a message there is a link that will appear next to an attachment, that when clicked will allow you to reference the uploaded file from your message.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Cannot see topic
Next Topic: How do I setup/test the moderator queue in FUDforum?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 03:16:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03226 seconds