FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Protect a non Fud page
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Protect a non Fud page [message #39392] Fri, 19 October 2007 19:38 Go to next message
dfgngirl is currently offline  dfgngirl   United States

Hi,

I'd like to use a chat room solution like this one, but I'd like to restrict it to only registered Fud members. Is there a quick a dirty way to embed a line of code that will check to see if the user is a registered member of the forum, and if they aren't have them log in and after logging in, go back to that page?

Thanks!
Re: Protect a non Fud page [message #39397 is a reply to message #39392] Sun, 21 October 2007 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
For a really dirty hack simply check for presence of FUDforum cookie and check it against the fud26_ses table in DB to see if the user_id of a matching record (if there is one) is less then 1 billion.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Protect a non Fud page [message #39465 is a reply to message #39392] Thu, 25 October 2007 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks
Re: Protect a non Fud page [message #39469 is a reply to message #39392] Thu, 25 October 2007 17:21 Go to previous message

Hey I just thought, is there a way to embed a non fud php script inside a fud forum thread? That would be the easiest way to achieve what I'm looking for.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Mask usernames?
Next Topic: use fudforum on iis combine with asp.net app
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 03:17:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02498 seconds