FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How do I setup/test the moderator queue in FUDforum?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How do I setup/test the moderator queue in FUDforum? [message #5608] Tue, 10 September 2002 17:09 Go to next message
djdaddybob   United States
I'm very new to FUDforum and so far have found that it can do most of the things our current project requires. I've read in the features list that the moderator queue is supported in FUDforum....that is when a user posts a message to a forum that has this enabled, the message must be approved by the moderator before it is actually posted. Can someone out there explain how to set this up to see if it is working? Thanks!
Re: How do I setup/test the moderator queue in FUDforum? [message #5615 is a reply to message #5608] Tue, 10 September 2002 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
First you need to create a forum and make it moderated or modify an existing forum to require moderator approval. You can accomplish this via a toggle on the forum control panel.

Then, when someone who is not an admin or a moderator of that forum makes a post, the admin as well as that forum's moderators will see an indicator on most forum pages saying that there are messages pending approval. Clicking on the idicator will take you to a special form allowing you to see the message in question and approve or remove it.

For more info please consult the manual.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do I setup/test the moderator queue in FUDforum? [message #5670 is a reply to message #5615] Fri, 13 September 2002 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the assistance!

Is it possible to notify the admin/moderator via e-mail that there is a post awaiting approval or do they have to be logged in?
Re: How do I setup/test the moderator queue in FUDforum? [message #5672 is a reply to message #5670] Fri, 13 September 2002 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
They'll see the indicator when they are logged in, there is no email notification about this.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How do I setup/test the moderator queue in FUDforum? [message #5705 is a reply to message #5672] Sat, 14 September 2002 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. I know in the case of our application of FUDforum this would be a nice feature, so that the moderator doesn't have to be logged in at all times to moderate things. He or she would receive an e-mail indication that there were messages in the queue awaiting approval. Just a suggestion, thanks again!
Re: How do I setup/test the moderator queue in FUDforum? [message #39406 is a reply to message #5705] Sun, 21 October 2007 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DasNinchen is currently offline  DasNinchen   Germany
I'm looking for a way to enable moderator approval of all messages posted by a certain user.
I found out how to do this for messages by all users posted in a certain forum, but not how to make this work for a single user only.

Is there a way to do this ?

Re: How do I setup/test the moderator queue in FUDforum? [message #39443 is a reply to message #39406] Mon, 22 October 2007 22:45 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
The forum does not have such functionality at this time.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installing a different text editor
Next Topic: Modifying the sender's address for mailing lists
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 03:19:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02522 seconds