FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » front page appearance
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
front page appearance [message #39483] Fri, 26 October 2007 17:01 Go to next message
jacpad is currently offline  jacpad   Germany
Hi all,
today i upgraded my forum today and the front page changed.
Now all forums in a category are displayed in one row as links and not in several rows as before. Is there an option to change this behaviour ?
I searched now for a while, but without any success...

thanks for your help
jacpad
Re: front page appearance [message #39492 is a reply to message #39483] Sun, 28 October 2007 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you try rebuilding the theme? Did you have a custom theme before the upgrade?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: front page appearance [message #39493 is a reply to message #39492] Sun, 28 October 2007 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did rebuild the theme and I was using the default theme all the time, never changed anything.
Re: front page appearance [message #39499 is a reply to message #39493] Mon, 29 October 2007 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Is the front page the only one that is effected or are there others? In the event of the former you can try downloading index.tmpl from CVS, replacing yours with it and rebuilding the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: front page appearance [message #39503 is a reply to message #39499] Tue, 30 October 2007 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the only page which is effected. I made a diff for the latest cvs version of index.tmpl, but they are equal.

btw, I used the trac web interface to get access to the cvs. Is it possible to access the cvs directly ? I would like to update the whole theme directory and couldn't find an address for it.
Re: front page appearance [message #39510 is a reply to message #39503] Tue, 30 October 2007 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can access CVS directly using instructions posted here:
http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=547&start=0&

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: front page appearance [message #39516 is a reply to message #39510] Wed, 31 October 2007 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the link. I checked out the index.tmpl and I found two style classes RowStyleA and RowStyleB. On my index page only the RowStyleB entries accrue, the RowStyleA parts are suppressed.

Is there a configuration entry that influence this behaviour ?
Re: front page appearance [message #39520 is a reply to message #39516] Wed, 31 October 2007 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
No, you may want to check that forum.css.tmpl is in order.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: front page appearance [message #39522 is a reply to message #39520] Thu, 01 November 2007 16:39 Go to previous message
I checked out the problem. I think the main problem is my postgresql version 8.0.4.
The sql statement that is responsible for the forum list returns a boolean value for the compact or full view of the forum.
(c.cat_opt & 4)=4

The code that checks this field does
if ($r[17])
and as my database returns a "f" and not NULL, so I got always the compact view.

Thanks for your help and for the forum anyway

best
jacpad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: use fudforum on iis combine with asp.net app
Next Topic: How can you get it to automatically put n/t on title line
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:22:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02630 seconds