FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Changing email addresses of users
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Changing email addresses of users [message #39470] Thu, 25 October 2007 19:34 Go to next message
nickimachler is currently offline  nickimachler   United States
How does an administrator change a members' email address in their profile? it allows me to edit all of their other information...just not the email address (so it's causing the member to not receive alerts). Please advise!
Re: Changing email addresses of users [message #39477 is a reply to message #39470] Fri, 26 October 2007 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
The user manager in the admin, then "Change User's Profile" and from there you should be able to change the users' e-mail address

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Changing email addresses of users [message #39480 is a reply to message #39477] Fri, 26 October 2007 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting...I tried that, and couldn't' find a field that allowed me to do that. i can change location, occupation, avatar, birthdate, gender, signature, and a number of other items, but there is nowhere to change an email address. (?) sorry...other ideas?
Re: Changing email addresses of users [message #39531 is a reply to message #39480] Fri, 02 November 2007 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi. I just had the same situation with another member. There is no where in the User Profile area that allows me to edit their email address. I also tried logging in as the member, and coudln't find it there either. Is there something I'm missing? I'm on a MAC, but that shouldn't make a difference.

I really apprecaiate the help. Also, is there a way to add new members? I tried the button "Add New User" and it seems to have functionality errors. Thank you!!
Re: Changing email addresses of users [message #39544 is a reply to message #39531] Sun, 04 November 2007 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I believe on your forum the data of e-mail address comes from the primary site, which imports users. If on the main site the user's e-mail address changes the forum will be appropriately updated. Changing a member's e-mail address on the forum by itself could cause de-association of users on the site with the users on the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Changing email addresses of users [message #39551 is a reply to message #39544] Mon, 05 November 2007 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia, thank you. This makes sense. But, one more question...would Affiniscape be in charge of updating/uploading the primary content page with all their info? Or is that you? Because what we have on our www.qrca.org page is an "update your profile" page and people can change their emial address in there. For example, Betsy Leichliter's profile says betsy(at)leichliter(dot)com, but the FUDforum has her email listed as lieberman. For some reason, they're NOT connecting. Do you know how this is disconnected? Or is it an Affiniscape issue? PLease advise.
Re: Changing email addresses of users [message #39557 is a reply to message #39551] Mon, 05 November 2007 23:57 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
When a profile on the affiniscape side changes they need to make a sub-request to the forum notifying the forum of the change so that it can synchronize the user details. By itself the forum has no way of knowing that someone's e-mail address has changed.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: change wording
Next Topic: Stop My New Quote Formatting Causing A Mess
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:30:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02901 seconds