FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Exploiting the current email filter
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Exploiting the current email filter [message #3978] Wed, 10 July 2002 15:30 Go to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
would it be possible to use the current email filter to allow registrations and post from only certain email address. for example if i want only people from *@someplace.net and *@over.here.org to be able to register and post is that feasible?
Re: Exploiting the current email filter [message #3980 is a reply to message #3978] Wed, 10 July 2002 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The email filter uses regular expressions to do its job, so it is potentially possible to do what you ask. I'll need to do a test myself before I can tell you if that is indeed the case.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Exploiting the current email filter [message #3981 is a reply to message #3978] Wed, 10 July 2002 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i kinda thought so but im not very familiar with regular expression so i thought i would double check before i started in on figuring it out.
Re: Exploiting the current email filter [message #5356 is a reply to message #3980] Thu, 29 August 2002 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rshannon is currently offline  rshannon   United States
Has anyone figured out a regex to limit registrations to those coming from (for example) a single domain name yet? In other words, filter out (reject) all new registrant with any addresses except those containing "@domain.com" in them. I've tried a bunch of formulations without success. Ignorance is hell! Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 29 August 2002 07:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exploiting the current email filter [message #5434 is a reply to message #5356] Tue, 03 September 2002 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
After some testing I've determined that the email filter does not work as it should, there for I am planning to re-write how it works before the next stable release, 2.3.1

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Exploiting the current email filter [message #5444 is a reply to message #3978] Tue, 03 September 2002 15:26 Go to previous message
coolness
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Censorship & Replacement System?
Next Topic: Email notifications
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 19:25:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05001 seconds