FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » view last visit in directory?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
view last visit in directory? [message #22488] Fri, 04 February 2005 20:15 Go to next message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
Hi,

We have an application where we'd like to see the date of last visit of members in the directory, much like the date of last posting. Would this be trivial to add to the code? If so, would be grateful for help pinpointing the script to change and the changes to make.

Cheers,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
Re: view last visit in directory? [message #22491 is a reply to message #22488] Fri, 04 February 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do, can you explain in a bit more detail please.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: view last visit in directory? [message #22502 is a reply to message #22491] Sat, 05 February 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
Hi Ilia,

When you view the list of members, currently you view (and can sort by) the username, message count, and join date. We would like to be able to also view and sort by the date of the ast visit. I know this data is being stored because you can view it on the member profile page. In fact, it would be great if we could have the date of the last post and the date of the last visit as columns in the table.Is this possible? Let me know if there's a relatively simple hack we can do.

The reason we need it is that we are running an elearning course using Fud forum (integrated with a mailman list) and we need to know whether participants are checking in every day.

Cheers,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
Re: view last visit in directory? [message #22511 is a reply to message #22502] Sat, 05 February 2005 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The date of last visit is already stored inside the users data table. So if you want to display/sort by that just adjust the code in finduser.php.t to use this data.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: view last visit in directory? [message #39817 is a reply to message #22511] Thu, 06 December 2007 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonmoss is currently offline  jonmoss   United States

Has anyone sucessfully implemented this feature?

In looking at the code in finduser.php.t, I can find the SQL query to adjust, but I'm not having much luck finding all the places where I need to adjust the column headings to match the addition of one or two columns to the results display.

If anyone has done this, can you post your code mods here?

Thanks!

Thanks and have a great day!

Jon Moss
Re: view last visit in directory? [message #39827 is a reply to message #39817] Sun, 09 December 2007 16:41 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
The field you are looking for is found inside the users table, its called last_visit. Just add the field to the query and then you can use its value in the findusers.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Mark a Thread as Read
Next Topic: Anonymous
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 14 22:16:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02920 seconds