FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Edit messages without getting the EDIT-DATE-comment
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon4.gif  Edit messages without getting the EDIT-DATE-comment [message #3745] Fri, 05 July 2002 05:24 Go to next message
Hkkathome is currently offline  Hkkathome   Sweden
If one post a message and then would like to edit it there will be a row which tells anyone that I've edited the message at a specific date. That's really a nice feature...most of the time BUT...

...if ones message is the newest message in the tree, there is no point with that row. It would be rather better without it, wouldn't it?

Hkkathome(TM) as always...
Re: Edit messages without getting the EDIT-DATE-comment [message #3751 is a reply to message #3745] Fri, 05 July 2002 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Why would it be?

The time of edit servers two perpouses, first it lets other forum users know that this message was edited and somehow differs from the original, 2nd it shows when the message was edited.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Edit messages without getting the EDIT-DATE-comment [message #3945 is a reply to message #3745] Wed, 10 July 2002 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
let me pick up on this one for a moment.

as the admin, most of the time when I go in to edit something, it is just a "pen and ink" change - to correct a typo, or a mis-spelled word, to fix a mal-formed URL. Yet, when folks read the message, they have no idea what editing was done - and I suspect most of them wonder "well, this message was so bad, that the admin had to change" - heck, that is what I think when I look at other boards and see that.

And many people, don't do a good job when posting - not that I even look at them all or even correct all those that I see errors in. I just pick the worst ones.

how about an option to turn it on or off. On a message by message basis. or even on a moderator basis. I think this should exist at least at the mod/admin level

I don't see too many changes by the original poster so indicating that they made a change is OK by me.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Edit messages without getting the EDIT-DATE-comment [message #3958 is a reply to message #3945] Wed, 10 July 2002 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, there is already an option in the admin control panel that would hide the 'edited' indicator if the editing was done by a moderator or an administrator. So, you might as well use that otpion.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Edit messages without getting the EDIT-DATE-comment [message #3997 is a reply to message #3958] Thu, 11 July 2002 04:01 Go to previous message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
Great! You guys are way ahead of me!

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDcode with HTML
Next Topic: Format Username/Alias
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 15:39:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03544 seconds