FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Backup Restore Failing.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Backup Restore Failing. [message #39800] Wed, 05 December 2007 00:26 Go to next message
JeffH is currently offline  JeffH
My Hard drive recently suffered a melt down. I wasn't very worried because I have lots of backups, and in the past they have all worked very successfully. However....

After doing a clean install of FUD I restore using one of my backups. Things appear to work okay aside from this message (attached picture) when I try to log in using the old admin account, or any of the user accounts I get this error.

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /Volumes/DataPart/www/kboys/FUDforum/include/core.inc on line 188

I've looked at the user table, and all the accounts appear to be there, with the correct hashes.

I would really hate to loose 3 years of material. I'm willing to entertain any suggestions, or advice.

Thanks
jeff.
index.php?t=getfile&id=3940&private=0
  • Attachment: Picture 5.png
    (Size: 129.27KB, Downloaded 1543 times)
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #39805 is a reply to message #39800] Wed, 05 December 2007 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Have you tried running an upgrade script on the forum?

From the error it seems you have templates that are newer then the message file in the dump. This means you are probably importing the data dump into a forum that is newer then the one you've had running before.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #39806 is a reply to message #39800] Wed, 05 December 2007 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ilia for the suggestion.
I did a new import using v2.7.7, and my latest backup which used 2.7.7, but again I get the message that my current admin is not found in the imported database. And I can't login. Thanks for you help!
index.php?t=getfile&id=3944&private=0
  • Attachment: Picture 6.png
    (Size: 20.97KB, Downloaded 1353 times)
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #39812 is a reply to message #39806] Thu, 06 December 2007 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Have you tried logging in with admin account from the original forum, the one whose data you've imported?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #39813 is a reply to message #39800] Thu, 06 December 2007 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JeffH is currently offline  JeffH   Canada
Yep. both admin accounts were the same. same name, and password.

When I look at the user table everything appears okay (although I'm no database expert) All the users are there, and the hash is correct. My own login which has admin rights doesn't work either, for that matter none of the accounts can login.
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #39826 is a reply to message #39813] Sun, 09 December 2007 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
can you please tell me what is the value of the users_opt field for the admin account.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #39830 is a reply to message #39800] Sun, 09 December 2007 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #39840 is a reply to message #39830] Tue, 11 December 2007 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
The permissions bits seem correct. Can you try updating your password in DB and then trying to login?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #39858 is a reply to message #39800] Fri, 14 December 2007 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JeffH is currently offline  JeffH   Canada
I've entered a new hash and still no go. I don't think it's a mysql issue because my other databases are working okay. But I'm looking more closely there too see if there are any hidden issues. Very strange.
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #40259 is a reply to message #39858] Wed, 30 January 2008 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD35th is currently offline  BAD35th   Canada
Can't perform restore to a fresh new forum. Old forum was 2.7.7 new one is the same.

There isn't much docs on the restore process. The file I uploaded was compressed and ends in .gz Does it need uncompressed first??

I also don't know where it should go, I was able to put it in Public and list path to that in the restore panel. When I ran the restore it ran for a few seconds and complained something about cannot access FUD Table type 26 is invalid and then gave a few other messages. I tried to go to another area of the Admin console, but all I get now are Server 500 errors and also can't login to the forum thru the main URL any longer ??

Do I have to start over and any clues why the restore part failed ??

Thanks in advance...
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #40265 is a reply to message #40259] Wed, 30 January 2008 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
No, you can direct the import tool directly to the .gz file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #40273 is a reply to message #40265] Sat, 02 February 2008 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so this time I got the exact message it said when it failed:

(/services3/webpages/f/o/forum.tfbm.org/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.i nc:72
/services3/webpages/f/o/forum.tfbm.org/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.in c:132
/services3/webpages/f/o/forum.tfbm.org/public/adm/admimport.php:223
) 1146: Table 'fudforum_forum_tfbm_org.fud26_users' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT id FROM fud26_users WHERE login='administrator' AND users_opt>=1048576 AND (users_opt & 1048576) > 0
_POST: array ( 'S' => '522dc0ac06613d4d9c234048b83f15ec', 'SQ' => '32de6f6f64988166d830b50d9ca4b51f', 'path' => '/services3/webpages/f/o/forum.tfbm.org/FUDforum/tmp', 'btn_submit' => 'Import Data', )
Server Version: 5.0.27-standard
[Referring Page] http://forum.tfbm.org.previewmysite.com/adm/admimport.php?S=522dc0ac06613d4 d9c234048b83f15ec&SQ=6c9ff6a800d45f57d8de5fe0bffed404

Can you tell me what is going wrong ?? Confused

[Updated on: Sat, 02 February 2008 06:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #40274 is a reply to message #40273] Sat, 02 February 2008 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And even worse this is 2nd time it clobbers my site: now I get a Server 500 internal error and I cannot display the main page of the forum. I have to uninstall FUD and reinstall fresh to get the bare forum back up and running.

I'm glad this wasn't run on the production version of the site! Shocked

Is there a way I can manually move/copy the data from one site to another?? Production to Test ??

Thanks...
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #40277 is a reply to message #39800] Sun, 03 February 2008 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WITCH is currently offline  WITCH   United States
JeffH wrote on Tue, 04 December 2007 18:26

My Hard drive recently suffered a melt down. I wasn't very worried because I have lots of backups, and in the past they have all worked very successfully. However....

After doing a clean install of FUD I restore using one of my backups. Things appear to work okay aside from this message (attached picture) when I try to log in using the old admin account, or any of the user accounts I get this error.

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /Volumes/DataPart/www/kboys/FUDforum/include/core.inc on line 188

I've looked at the user table, and all the accounts appear to be there, with the correct hashes.

I would really hate to loose 3 years of material. I'm willing to entertain any suggestions, or advice.

Thanks
jeff.

I had the same or similar problem (I was not able to remember the original admin password after doing a restore).

I found that by restarting the program and then resetting the password (lost password)I regained access.

It seems obvious to me that the way FUD saves the passwords the admin password in Installation (A) would not be usable in Installation (B) because it would be encrypted differently.

I believe that (in my situation anyhow) that after restoring the backup FUD wants the admin password for the restored version not the newly installed forum.

I was certain that I had used the correct admin login and password for the restored version but like your problem it was not being accepted by the program.

Unfortunately after resetting the password and regaining access to the forum the change password function in the Users profile would not function....

I still haven't figured out why the password function don't work but in my case it is not an immediate problem the restore was simply a temporary measure to gain access to information that had previously been deleted.

maybe Ilia can shed some light on this.

I am new to this so explain things very, very carefully!
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #40278 is a reply to message #40277] Sun, 03 February 2008 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can try moving the forum via straight mysql dump and a tarball.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #40314 is a reply to message #40278] Sun, 10 February 2008 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Sun, 03 February 2008 10:21

You can try moving the forum via straight mysql dump and a tarball.

This doesn't seem like an option...I have no command line access at your site and no PHPAdmin app to run to do an export. Can you do this export for us ??

If I had the .sql file then import at new site should be ok as I do have a PHPAdmin I can use there.

As for the restore feature in 2.7.7 I think it doesn't work and has a bug...it wipes out ALL of the Tables in the database, before importing anything. I checked using PHPAdmin before running import and all of the tables were there and I could query them. When I run the import this is the message I get:

1146: Table 'c_pippy_forum_tfbm_org.fud26_users' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT id FROM fud26_users WHERE login='administrator' AND users_opt>=1048576 AND (users_opt & 1048576) > 0

Then I check again in PHPAdmin and everything is wiped clean...no tables.

I'm tearing my hair out on this and it is taking weeeeeeks to do! Confused

What is next step ???
Re: Backup Restore Failing. [message #40324 is a reply to message #40314] Sun, 10 February 2008 14:30 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Are there any error messages anywhere during the import process?

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: SQL Restore
Next Topic: Multiple emails : one user
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 02:27:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03020 seconds