FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Back-ups of our Forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Back-ups of our Forum [message #37742] Tue, 19 June 2007 22:35 Go to next message
JeffWalkowski is currently offline  JeffWalkowski   United States
We have been using FUDForums for 1+ years. We have no idea if there is any sort of back-up of all the posts at the Forum. What if the worst happens and the existing servers crash? Are there any safeguards in place to protect the existing data? Should our organization be looking into some sort of backup solution?
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #37750 is a reply to message #37742] Wed, 20 June 2007 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You can do a periodic data dump via fudforum dump tool in the admin control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #38955 is a reply to message #37750] Mon, 10 September 2007 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syridian is currently offline  syridian   Australia
Is there any way to automate this process?

I have noticed that posts are not kept in the database, either are avatars and attachments, so a Database backup isn't a full backup.

The only way to do a full backup of just the forum is through the admin panel? What directories specifically need backing up?
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #38957 is a reply to message #38955] Mon, 10 September 2007 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You could write a cronjob to execute the backup process.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #38960 is a reply to message #38957] Mon, 10 September 2007 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syridian is currently offline  syridian   Australia
It's as simple as running the admdump.php script and passing it the correct details? Is there documentation on how to do that somewhere?
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #38972 is a reply to message #38960] Tue, 11 September 2007 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you open the script there are instruction on which lines need to be uncommented to make the script executable via command line. Once that's done you can just setup a cron job to run it periodically.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40419 is a reply to message #37742] Wed, 27 February 2008 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dfgngirl is currently offline  dfgngirl   United States

I want to do this as well:

I've installed the cli, and uncommented these two lines:

// uncomment the lines below if you wish to run this script via command line
	 fud_use('adm_cli.inc', 1); // this contains cli_execute() function.
	 cli_execute('');

but when executing "php admdump.php /home/forum/file" now I get:

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './GLOBALS.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/forum/wwwroot/adm/admdump.php on line 81

What did I do wrong?

Thanks!
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40423 is a reply to message #40419] Thu, 28 February 2008 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to unlock the forum's files via the file unlock admin panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40427 is a reply to message #37742] Thu, 28 February 2008 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks!

I did do that, but the unlock interface started complaining that it couldn't chmod a bunch of directories and so I chmod'ed all the directories with 777 and the lock/unlock tool stopped complaining, but I still get an error that says:

Warning: require(./GLOBALS.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/forum/wwwroot/adm/admdump.php on line 81

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './GLOBALS.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/forum/wwwroot/adm/admdump.php on line 81

Maybe a permissions issue. Sad
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40428 is a reply to message #37742] Thu, 28 February 2008 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Actually, it seems to work when I SSH in, but not with a cron job.
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40436 is a reply to message #40428] Fri, 29 February 2008 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you specify the full path to the script when running the cronjob?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40452 is a reply to message #37742] Sun, 02 March 2008 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah:

/usr/bin/php /home/forum/wwwroot/adm/admdump.php /home/backups/cases/dump.gz

I run the cron job as the same user when I run at the command line. I've also for grins, tried running it as root - no joy.

Though, I just now tried to run this via the command-line and it now fails the same way.

Has anyone figured out how to run a backup with curl?
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40457 is a reply to message #40452] Mon, 03 March 2008 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Try doing the following:

cd /home/forum/wwwroot/adm && /usr/bin/php ./admdump.php /home/backups/cases/dump.gz

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40464 is a reply to message #37742] Wed, 05 March 2008 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks, I'll try it!
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40465 is a reply to message #37742] Wed, 05 March 2008 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It returns this:

Warning: include_once(/home/forum/dataroot/include/theme/default/adm.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/forum/dataroot/include/core.inc on line 68

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/forum/dataroot/include/theme/default/adm.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/forum/dataroot/include/core.inc on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/forum/dataroot/include/core.inc:68) in /home/forum/dataroot/include/theme/default/users.inc on line 615

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/forum/dataroot/include/core.inc:68) in /home/forum/dataroot/include/theme/default/cookies.inc on line 98

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/forum/dataroot/include/core.inc:68) in /home/forum/dataroot/include/adm.inc on line 40
Re: Back-ups of our Forum [message #40468 is a reply to message #40465] Wed, 05 March 2008 23:54 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Make sure that all forum files are accessible to the webserver (666 file permissions)

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to personalize posts notification messages ?
Next Topic: a forum is hiding..
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 03:19:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02942 seconds