FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Default message expiration time
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon10.gif  Default message expiration time [message #4340] Wed, 24 July 2002 13:29 Go to next message
computer_dan is currently offline  computer_dan   Canada

I'm not sure if this would be a common request, but I'm wondering if it would be feasible to have the ability to create a default expiration time when creating a new forum (or edit a forum to have a specific expiration time)

Example: for a specific forum, all messages posted to it will automatically be set to expire in 2 weeks rather than the never expire option. The administrator can set this within the 'Category & Forum Management' option in the control panel.
Re: Default message expiration time [message #4343 is a reply to message #4340] Wed, 24 July 2002 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Normal messages cannot expire, the expiration option ONLY affects the announcment and sticky messages. Once they expire they simply cease being announcments or sticky, and be forced to the top of the thread listing.

If you want to delete messages in bulk from a forum, use the 'Thread Prune' admin control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Default message expiration time [message #4348 is a reply to message #4343] Wed, 24 July 2002 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
computer_dan is currently offline  computer_dan   Canada

Oh I see. I just asked because there is a thread expiration option when you are creating a new thread.

I thought it was a message expiration.

Re: Default message expiration time [message #4358 is a reply to message #4348] Wed, 24 July 2002 20:34 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
computer_dan wrote on Wed, 24 July 2002 13:03

Oh I see. I just asked because there is a thread expiration option when you are creating a new thread.

I thought it was a message expiration.

The expiration option is a part of the sticky/announcment option that is avaliable to people who can make sticky/announcment messages. It has no affect on any other settings.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Topic rather than Thread as an option
Next Topic: Multiple forums sharing same registration database
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 14:25:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02063 seconds