FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » User specific header/footer information
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  User specific header/footer information [message #5130] Thu, 22 August 2002 09:58 Go to next message
nEVeRmOre is currently offline  nEVeRmOre   United States

I need to add user specific head/footer fields to the profile and implement that code in their posts. How do I do this?
Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5135 is a reply to message #5130] Thu, 22 August 2002 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
header.tmpl/footer.tmpl & header.inc.t/footer.inc.t

FUDforum Core Developer
icon5.gif  Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5140 is a reply to message #5130] Thu, 22 August 2002 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those global values?
Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5141 is a reply to message #5140] Thu, 22 August 2002 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
No, these are templates.

ALL FUDforum's HTML is inside templates, nothing is hardcoded.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5142 is a reply to message #5130] Thu, 22 August 2002 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't understand how I can make use of these templates on a user specific basis or use these templates to add the user editable fields into user profiles.
Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5146 is a reply to message #5142] Thu, 22 August 2002 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Simple, via the use of PHP code.

For example:

php_code: (header.inc.t)
if( _uid ) {
$special_header = mysql_query("Fetch some HTML code from MySQL");
} else {
$special_header = '';
}

template_code: (header.tmpl)
{TEMPLATE-DATA: special_header}

FUDforum Core Developer
icon7.gif  Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5148 is a reply to message #5130] Thu, 22 August 2002 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok, thanks.
icon5.gif  Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5149 is a reply to message #5130] Thu, 22 August 2002 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmmm...looking at the code within those two templates, those look more specific to whole pages. I think I would need something different for within a table, wouldn't I?
icon3.gif  Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5151 is a reply to message #5130] Thu, 22 August 2002 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just so I'm clear on what I want, here is a message board I post on and I would like to be able to incorporate the hack they used to make users posts unique.

Here is a link to my profile: http://www.thechurchboard.com/member.php?Action=viewprofile&username=nE VeRmOre

and here is a link to a post which shows off user posts: http://www.thechurchboard.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=23354

Their software is a highly hacked version of tBoard, which I don't want to use. I've been looking for software which I could add the same type of hack to with minimal difficulty.
Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5154 is a reply to message #5151] Thu, 22 August 2002 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, you'd need to write a simular hack to FUDforum if you want that sort of functionality. The header/footer hack is fairly easy to do. Since all you'd need would be to add 2 extra fields into the users table and add code to header/footer to display them.

Pretty easy thing to do.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon7.gif  Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5156 is a reply to message #5130] Thu, 22 August 2002 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I figured it'd be pretty much as you just described, with the adding the fields to the user table. I'm new to PHP scripting.
Re: User specific header/footer information [message #5159 is a reply to message #5156] Thu, 22 August 2002 14:33 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, there is very little php code you'd need to do actually, I'd say maybe 3-4 lines tops.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDcode in the custom tags?
Next Topic: how to show the last post on my web page
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:25:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02447 seconds