FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Confirmation e-mail not being sent.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #5207] Fri, 23 August 2002 10:34 Go to next message
nEVeRmOre is currently offline  nEVeRmOre   United States

How do I get the confirmation e-mail to send? I get the following error:

Warning: Failed to Connect in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\forum\theme\default\register.php on line 1476

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\forum\theme\default\register.php:1476) in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\forum\theme\default\register.php on line 1355

I don't know what this means.
Re: Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #5210 is a reply to message #5207] Fri, 23 August 2002 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It means PHP failed to connect to your SMTP server, make sure you've entered the correct information in your php.ini config or FUDforum's config if you are using the built in SMTP mailer.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #5213 is a reply to message #5207] Fri, 23 August 2002 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nEVeRmOre is currently offline  nEVeRmOre   United States

Yeah, I figured out Smile thanks
Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #6128 is a reply to message #5213] Wed, 02 October 2002 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syella1 is currently offline  syella1   United States
I am trying to figure out, same problem confirmation emails not being send. I was using forums built in email client. Can someone guide me
Re: Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #6129 is a reply to message #6128] Wed, 02 October 2002 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
If it's not due to the wrong or missing SMTP configuration, then it's probably because ur SMTP port is being blocked, either by a firewall, router or ur provider. Esp. in the US many provider block SMTP for their custumers.
HTH
bye Ken
Re: Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #6130 is a reply to message #6129] Wed, 02 October 2002 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that, one more dumb question how do i check if my smtp port is blocked ?
Re: Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #6133 is a reply to message #6130] Wed, 02 October 2002 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
type on the shell:
telnet smtp.mail.yahoo.co.jp 25
and wait Wink. If u get a server's response then it's available. however if u run into a timeout this port would be blocked.
HTH
Ken
Re: Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #6169 is a reply to message #6133] Fri, 04 October 2002 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried telnet and it is connecting, so i guess my smtp port is not blocked, but still no confirmation emails.
Re: Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #6171 is a reply to message #6169] Fri, 04 October 2002 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well did you try sending an actual email? Also, are you using FUDforum's own smtp mailer or php's mail() function. If you are using default forum config that latter is true.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Confirmation e-mail not being sent. [message #6459 is a reply to message #6171] Sat, 12 October 2002 17:15 Go to previous message
i left the default options in the admin control panel and confirmation email is not being send. So can someone help me here. Like what should i fill in all the options in admin control panel to get confirmation emails. I also tried sending an email to a member and it did not go.

Thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Members-Only Forums
Next Topic: Making Profiles inaccessible by Anonymous Users?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 11:21:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05088 seconds