FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Forum Upgrade issues
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum Upgrade issues [message #5293] Mon, 26 August 2002 21:57 Go to previous message
dangib is currently offline  dangib   United States
I'm attempting to upgrade fud from version 2.0.2 to the new version (2.3) and i'm getting some errors when running the upgrade script. I went through the following steps

1.moved upgrade.php to my forum WWWROOT
2.set the forum and data directorys to be writable chmod a+w
3.Ran the upgrade.php in my web browser

---------and i get the following output:---------------

Beginning the file upgrade process
File Upgrade Complete
Any changed files were backed up to: "/usr/local/www/forum/errors/.backup/"

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/www/forum/include/theme/default/db.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/www/forum/include/core.inc on line 54

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /usr/local/www/data/forum/upgrade.php on line 427

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /usr/local/www/data/forum/upgrade.php on line 427

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /usr/local/www/data/forum/upgrade.php on line 427

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /usr/local/www/data/forum/upgrade.php on line 428

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /usr/local/www/data/forum/upgrade.php on line 428

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /usr/local/www/data/forum/upgrade.php on line 428
FATAL ERROR: your forum's MySQL account does not have permissions to create new MySQL tables
Enable this functionality and restart the script.

---------------------------------------------------------

This output would lead me to believe that it's trying to access my sql account with the wrong user name or password. I checked my SQL end of things and the FUD user has the rights to access tables so that's not it.

And not only did the update fail it has rendered the previous version useless (i assume the code transfered fine since i get runtime errors calling new tables) Any help on this urgent downtime issue would be great.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: is there a way to install fudforum with a ms sql server database?
Next Topic: upgrade script for postgresql users?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 23:36:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04562 seconds