FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Censorship & Replacement System?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Censorship & Replacement System? [message #5380 is a reply to message #2721] Fri, 30 August 2002 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DocObvious is currently offline  DocObvious   United States
hackie wrote on Sat, 18 May 2002 01:36

DocObvious wrote on Sat, 18 May 2002 12:16 AM

Well, I just spent some time trying to get 1.2.8 working here. The symlink problem is gone and I had to jiggle the handle a little (an input field in the setup process has backslashes instead of forward ones) but I made it much further through the process - all the way up to the initial login. But when I try to log in, I'm greeted with several blue screens of death after which I'm forced into a hard reboot and ultimately the database ends up being corrupted.

Err... I'm not sure how fud can be blamed for that..... FUD bsoded a win98 box? err.. I'm proud, or at least I would be if it was FUD Smile

Well, it's taken me a while to get back to this but I discovered the source of the crashes: Norton AntiVirus' auto-protect feature. They should call it an auto-OVERprotect because that's what it does, it over-protects a system to the point of making it crash outright rather than allow system-level commands to be executed. I discovered this while working on an unrelated project using Runtime Revolution to develop some software. Once I shut off the auto-protect, everything went just fine.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message